• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

FHFA Request opinions from Lenders & others on what the new version of an appraisal will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have several loopholes in there that are vague at best. I am not going to waste my time with you. I got what I asked for. Thanks.
IMO. Appraisal is more of a hobby for Bert than a full time profession. The money he has invested in his software is more than the typical residential appraiser could even think of affording. Reminds be of the various "boutique" businesses you see in areas. No way they make any money. Just an expensive hobby. Also like boarding stables for horses. Just make enough to maybe support their horse hobby.

IMO. Appraisal is more of a hobby for Bert than a full time profession. The money he has invested in his software is more than the typical residential appraiser could even think of affording. Reminds be of the various "boutique" businesses you see in areas. No way they make any money. Just an expensive hobby. Also like boarding stables for horses. Just make enough to maybe support their horse hobby.
Agree somethings become obsessions : )

This is a forum. Disagreements are part of the program.

As for the lengths appraisers go to in their assignments the Law of Diminishing Returns is obviously in play as are the effective limitations in the market for what lenders will and won't pay for. Appraisers don't establish those limitations, their clients do.

Water seeks its own level. That doesn't stop individuals from trying to figure out how to build the better mousetrap, and good for them for wanting to do better for themselves. Hopefully they can find clients who will pay them for the extra work. This here is still America, so that's still possible. May it ever be so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back