• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Firefox Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cliff Salisbury

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Ohio
I keep getting a pop up, when in Fire Fox, that says urgent patch update. The screen looks like the Fire Fox logo but I was concerned. Instead of clicking on this each time I have gone to the Fire Fox web site and tried to update the browser. When I do I get that I am up to date. Does anyone know if this patch is good or a virus? Below is the web site that comes with the pop up.

https://phahmeskisehir.org/18516455...99b3334/b8906bed7643ebb01de4c7e4d9ed69bc.html

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania
Malwarebytes.

It's free.

Download and run it.

Randolph Kinney

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
North Carolina
I keep getting a pop up, when in Fire Fox, that says urgent patch update. The screen looks like the Fire Fox logo but I was concerned. Instead of clicking on this each time I have gone to the Fire Fox web site and tried to update the browser. When I do I get that I am up to date. Does anyone know if this patch is good or a virus? Below is the web site that comes with the pop up.

https://phahmeskisehir.org/18516455...99b3334/b8906bed7643ebb01de4c7e4d9ed69bc.html

It looks like a scam. Check your Firefox browser.

phahmeskisehir.org -> 206.221.189.165

Cigar

Professional Status
General Public
State
California
I wouldn't go there, the site-link you posted was blocked by Malwarebytes.

Randolph Kinney

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
North Carolina
I wouldn't go there, the site-link you posted was blocked by Malwarebytes.

Yes it is. I checked on my iMac running OS X El Capitan.

That link is for Windows machine.

TXTea

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Texas
I have received the same. If you look at the file address and type you'll notice it has nothing to to do with Mozilla. Do not run/save. And like others have commented, Malwarebytes is good. Recommend.

VegasWayne

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nevada
This is a scam. In Firefox you can click on Help/About and it will tell you if you are up-to-date.

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Firefox good. :clapping:

Cliff Salisbury

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Ohio
I used Malwarebytes and scan the computer. It did not show that it was a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks