• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Floor Insulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyecoyote

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Washington
So I haven't come across this before in FHA. Was looking through the 4150.2 and mortge letters couldn't find an answer. Is there a requirement for floor insulation? This is an older home 1970's. Crawlspace no floor insulation. There is the vapor barrier. Most that I have done have floor insulation. Though I can not find a requirement for it. Any thoughts? I have a picture and am noting it in the report. Though not conditioning the report at this time since I can not find a requirement for it.

RSW

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Tennessee
Why are you looking in the 4150.2 when you should be looking in the 4000.1? Anyway, there is no requirement for insulation in the crawlspace.

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Confused ** Contact your HOC and get direction and 4150.00 is long retired it's now the 4000.1 handbook BUT you are not going to find anything about this issue in the handbook. Is this a problem in your market area or a local building code ? In my opinion only appraisers in Washington could address this because it's certainly not an issue in my state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks