• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Form 1025

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemis Fowl

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Michigan
Long time since I used forms or form software. Please refresh my memory.

Page 3 of the 1025, SUBJECT column:

Shouldn't the Sale Price row be blank? If not blank, do the subsequent calculation rows beneath autofill on most software?

I'm looking at a 1025 that has the contract price in that Sale Price field. The grid's bottom rows (Value per unit, etc)all calculate to the contract price using the values from afore-mentioned calc rows.

Actual rent is used...no explanation. Final reconciliation says income approach not applicable because the typical buyer (of this 3unit in a student housing area) is not likely to purchase for income purposes. :cautious:

Last edited:

nstanbru

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
Is this for a purchase or refi?

Howard Klahr

Professional Status
State
Florida

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Page 3 of the 1025, SUBJECT column:

Shouldn't the Sale Price row be blank? If not blank, do the subsequent calculation rows beneath autofill on most software?

I fill in my value opinion with an E, to make the program calculate. Works in Total, worked in ACI when I used that.

If not buying for the income what are they buying for? Are they creepy old man that wants to chase college girls? :leeann2:

Artemis Fowl

Professional Status
State
Michigan
Unintended user/unintended use is how I ended up with it.
Was originally for a purchase.

App601

Professional Status
State
Puerto Rico
I was planning to open a new thread but will post my doubt here I am appraising a 3 unit property and all the comparable sales found are 2 units Is it acceprabl not to fill the breakdown per units since they are different as well as per rooms and bedrooms also if they differ? and of course explain it

hastalavista

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
I was planning to open a new thread but will post my doubt here I am appraising a 3 unit property and all the comparable sales found are 2 units Is it acceprabl not to fill the breakdown per units since they are different as well as per rooms and bedrooms also if they differ? and of course explain it

I'm not fully understanding the second part of your question? But I'll take a stab at it....

I think you are looking at two sets of elements of comparison: Unit count and unit configuration (bed/baths within each unit).
If my subject's units are different in configuration vs. the comparables, and those differences warrant adjustments in the market, how do I account for those differences in my analysis?
The other issue is the contributory value of the 3rd unit: I've seen many appraisers make the mistake of dividing the price by three and using that as an adjustment. But is that valid? For the 2-unit comps, $/unit has 50% of the site value embedded within it. For the 3-unit subject, $/unit has 33% of the site value embedded within it.

So, my answer is one can certainly use 2-unit comparables for a 3-unit subject, but (a) the level of analysis and support within the report for the adjustments is going to be significant and (b) if the intended use is for mortgage financing, be prepared for many questions.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Riick

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Delaware
When the GRM is 30.... Buyers simply can't be thinking the property is going to make any money...unless they're mathematically disabled.

OTOH...have seen parents buy income property at University for their kid, thinking it will be mostly self supporting, and saleable at the end at close to acquisition cost...and maybe some profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks