• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

FREAB meeting - June 2 & 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOB PADRICK

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
and for what it's worth-there are still no minutes from April either, on the FREAB website, so it could be a long while before we hear what went on officially.

Michael Tipton

Professional Status
State
Florida
Bob, FREAB has to approve the prior meeting's minutes before they are posted.

This could be addressed had DPBR, Div of RE, etc. agreed to broadcast meetings via a web cast as previously done by the CE school. I would have been willing to have a portion of the budget used for FREAB broadcasts in lieu of an fee "holiday"

Lax1

Professional Status
State
Florida
How about adding a $10 fee to our license renewal every two years for all appraisers and trainees for broadcasting of the meetings?

Howard Klahr

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
OK here my stab at a summary from the June FREAB meeting.

Monday was the disciplinary hearings/legal docket. There were 41 items/cases of which 5 were withdrawn and 1 was continued. There were 21 stipulations of which 9 were accepted 7 rejected and 3 were approved with modifications. 9 informal hearings that included 2 revocations. The remaining cases included 2 requests for reconsideration, 1 request for extension, 3 dismissals (all for the same licensee – license was previously revoked) and 1 voluntary surrender.

The second day addressed the business items on the agenda and included items such as AVMs, AMCs, HVCC and the current mutual recognition agreements. No action was taken at this time but the Board is reviewing information related to these issues/items for consideration of action in the future if necessary/appropriate. There will be a conference call scheduled for later in June to further address the HVCC issue. The conference call will be open to the public and details regarding date/time and access will be made available through the DPBR/FREAB web site. Although, the Board is looking for comments from licensees related to HVCC, the memebrs are aware of the issues and concerns. The information they are looking for is comments that propose solutions rather than just pointing out problems. The comments should be forwarded to the Director of DPBR (contact info is available on the web site).

Other items included discussion of rules concerning experience related to mass appraisals and requirements for registered trainees and supervisors. The October meeting has also been resceduled for later in the month and will be located in the Fort Lauderdale area.

Also of note, the Chief Legal Council for FNC addressed the Board during the Public Comments portion of the meeting. Information was presented about Appraisalport through a dialog about electronic report delivery, but, no there were not formal actions nor was there any specific item(s) officially before the Board.

This summary is based on my observations, reflects solely my opinion and is obviously not any form of official record of events. However, if any one has questions, feel free to contact me.

Last edited:
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
According to the Legal Council for FNC, the appraiser approves all changes in the conversions and is responsible for any/all the changes.....
and,
This is all done because the lenders demand it.

I'm setting up a web seminar with the FL AG to show them what happens in the 'conversions'.

Professional Status
State
Florida
According to the Legal Council for FNC, the appraiser approves all changes in the conversions and is responsible for any/all the changes.....
and,
This is all done because the lenders demand it.

I'm setting up a web seminar with the FL AG to show them what happens in the 'conversions'.

And how did that go over with the board?
What about the 'dress code' discussion?

Sorry I missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks