• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

General Information On Tiny Homes -park Models & Funding

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramrcdk

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Seems like Tiny Homes are popping up on hillsides nearer me than ever before! Like on TV's Tiny Home Nation. Stone Canyon, Green River, Skyline (and more) are a few of the brands. Park Models come with an RV Title though removal of the wheels & ties downs, etc per code tends to be more of a permanent setup.

Besides purchasing new, HOW would be the best way to get funding on a " re-sale "?
...and on Leased Land?????
Anyone been to Myrtle Beach at Ocean Lakes, Lakewood, or Pirate Land, PMs appears to be the newer site set-up where the old trailer with add-ons are demo'-ed.

Any one with personal experience on funding or for that matter any thing Park Model ?

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
Park models were the norm in Yuma and other cheaper snowbird sites.

Our tiny home project is half done and we have 2 units occupied. They are nice. Kitchenette, 3 fix bath,(shower only), 2 bedrooms, wood floor, CHA. 500 SF. I could live it easy.

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Google financing for park models. FWIW, I am sure some of the big manufactured lenders like Vanderbilt (A Warren Buffet/Berkshire Hathaway subsidiary) would do financing if it is a Clayton or Oakwood product. They often do singlewides as a personal property loan and a separate mortgage for the land around here when the singlewide as Real Property appraisal numbers don't work (almost always). They also own Clayton and Oakwood Homes who produce modulars, HUD code manufactured, and Park models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks