• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Good Deals On CE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExplainDNA

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
Hey there,

I'd like to actually get this stuff over with before the very last minute, was just wondering if anyone has discovered some online gems? I'm not leaving my pad for a single class, it has to be online.

It may be that the trusty ol' McKissocks of the world are still great choices, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Thanks,

Dave...

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Check with your E & O provider- Many like OREP offer free online CE courses and offer discounts on McKissock and other online courses .

Good Luck not a lot of choices :)

ramrcdk

Professional Status
State
North Carolina
IF approved by your state: Calypso ( https://www.calypsoedu.com/ ) & Appraisal elearning (https://appraiserelearning.com/ )
offers perhaps interesting to YOU courses. Sometimes with discounts, after sending them an email address.
Worst one for memory & end of chapter tests was Calypso & the topic was architecture of homes, not sure of the Course name. Thought it would be interesting, it wasn't.

Southside

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
Hey there,

I'd like to actually get this stuff over with before the very last minute, was just wondering if anyone has discovered some online gems? I'm not leaving my pad for a single class, it has to be online.

It may be that the trusty ol' McKissocks of the world are still great choices, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Thanks,

Dave...
Oncourse Learning has 30% off till tomorrow--- Promo code= sunshine30

ExplainDNA

Professional Status
State
Illinois
Oncourse had the best deals, period. HOWEVER, they're telling me that their/our (Illinois) exams are "proctored"?

Is this true? McKissock says that's not true, so how's bs'ing who?

Southside

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
Proctored? For a simple, easy online course i choose? I have my *** in class for 2 days in June( 14hrs ) took USPAP last year,so needed only 7hr ( and could not find another 7hr in class nearby ) more to get this crap over with.,so i choose a simple online URAR course as I DONT like online courses,, I called them tonight, left a message, so will see what they say. Over the years i have taken many online courses,I dont like them, but never had one that needed to be Proctored

Southside

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
Oncourse had the best deals, period. HOWEVER, they're telling me that their/our (Illinois) exams are "proctored"?

Is this true? McKissock says that's not true, so how's bs'ing who?

They sent me an email today saying no proctor needed for appraisal, just real estate ( im assuming brokers,realtors? )

peekay

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Illinois
They sent me an email today saying no proctor needed for appraisal, just real estate ( im assuming brokers,realtors? )
Can you post link for oncourse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks