• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Handbook 4000.1 Vs Appendix D

Status
Not open for further replies.

App601

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Puerto Rico
Is there a place in the extensive HUD handbook 4000.1 where it says what you have to write in a 1004 appraisal report in "Legal Description?" I know what I have to write but I need where it is for supporting a required revision that does not proceed It used to be in the old Appendix D If you know the page please post it

Thanks ahead

GA Benny

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Georgia
Appraisal Report and Data Delivery Guide
https://portal.HUD.gov/hudportal/documents/huddoc?id=SFH_POLI_APPR_RPT_FIN.PDF

App601

Professional Status
State
Puerto Rico

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
The 4000.1 states that the Mortgagee MUST supply all documents they have to the appraiser. Document that pertain to appraising the property. Identifying the property to be appraised with the job of the client/intended user.

Request a copy of the preliminary title report which will contain the full legal description as an exhibit. Scan or save the legal and pop it into the report. Easy peasy.

App601

Professional Status
State
Puerto Rico
The 4000.1 states that the Mortgagee MUST supply all documents they have to the appraiser. Document that pertain to appraising the property. Identifying the property to be appraised with the job of the client/intended user.

Request a copy of the preliminary title report which will contain the full legal description as an exhibit. Scan or save the legal and pop it into the report. Easy peasy.

not quite that easy..I receive the legal description and or a title search and include it in the report
The reason for my question for which GA Benny kindly left me that link is because some legal officer had requested that I include something that was not included in the legal description

For example lot 5 B in xyz development bounded on the north by lot 4 , south lot 6 etc
well the officer wanted me to add lot 4 B and 6 B .
please bear in mind that legal descriptions here are in Spanish so if my translation does not sound correct don't criticize for that

I wanted to know exactly where the instructions for what you have to write in : "Leal Description" to tell the legal officer you are wrong I can not add B because it is not in the legal description

BTW I originated this forum and That is why I wrote SOLVED because my question was answered

Any other issues?

Also I don't come here for arguments I come to ask questions and have them solved by gentle people like MR GA Benny and not to argue with you or any other person

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
BTW I originated this forum and That is why I wrote SOLVED because my question was answered

Like I tole you before, others benefit from reading this posts. Sometimes for years after they were originally posted.

I still don't know how you're doing FHA assignments without knowing about the Data Delivery Guide.

Other than that, no issues.

App601

Professional Status
State
Puerto Rico
Like I tole you before, others benefit from reading this posts. Sometimes for years after they were originally posted.

I still don't know how you're doing FHA assignments without knowing about the Data Delivery Guide.

Other than that, no issues.

Very simple I had not had the necessity to use it as a defense of my posture as expressed in my previous post
BTW It turned academic because it is a multi unit property and q new ballgame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks