• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

HBU for a Non-Conforming Duplex

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm busted. I don't know the answer to that. I'm waiting for the client or the borrower to call screaming because the purchase-related appraisal from approx 1 year ago didn't call out the non-conformity or the re-build status.

Comps are located in 3 jurisdictions none of whom respond to phone calls or e-mails, and I never even thought about the market reaction to the possible (non) conforming status of the comps...

Obviously I'm guilty of being lazy on this assignment; however, I'm wondering if a typical buyer would be aware of this issue. Neither list nor selling agent typically cares, and the borrower typically doesn't see the appraisal report until after the deal closes, if ever. (just wondering about the "typical buyer" scenario if a typical buyer might not typically be aware of this issue as critical as it is????

I think this issue warrants a new post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back