• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

How to provide an AVM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROBERT JONES

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New Jersey
Does anyone know how I can provide an AVM to a customer. Is there a service, is it software I can purchase? I want to investigate the attempt to create a multi-state AMC-like Appraisal Company to head off the HVCC scare for the lenders.

Jungle Boy

Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Florida
I'm able to give a partial answer.

Using REALIST, I'm able to choose what I think could be the most comparable sales. I can pick and choose living area, site size, year built, location, subdivision. Then the program gives 2 "values", based on the square footage, and also based on the assessed values.

Of course, this only takes into consideration the most recent closed sales prices, and does not take into account market conditions.

Assumptions are made on condition, appeal, upgrades, etc.

I never used this to base value opinion on, but it can be helpful in other ways.

This could be considered an AVM, but I'm not sure.

leelansford

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
Does anyone know how I can provide an AVM to a customer. Is there a service, is it software I can purchase? I want to investigate the attempt to create a multi-state AMC-like Appraisal Company to head off the HVCC scare for the lenders.

Who are you markting to with your desire to provide an AVM service?

If you are looking to serve a large-scale lender, they already have access to AVMs.

If you want to serve the general public, I believe that there are enough websites that provide an AVM for their use.

Again, who are you marketing to?

bcoester

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
You can get reseller account with different AVM providers. I know Realquest and Corelogic have them. The AVM is run through there server and there infomation. You intergrate the login and sign up with there information via your website. I was in the process of getting signed up but havent had the time to get someone to intergrate to the website. You get a fee split. But if you have alot of people coming to your website you can bring in a few thousand a month.

Brian C Coester
Coester Appraisal Group
www.coesterappraisals.com

Last edited:

ROBERT JONES

Professional Status
State
New Jersey
Lee, I am thinking BIG! I know that the big boys like Wells Fargo etc have access to the AVM products - but I don't want to get blanked for not being able to provide such a service. My father always said - "Every customer he has used to be someone else's before him". So why not me and Chase buddying up! I am only investigating, day dreaming a little maybe, just trying to think of a way to increase business.

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Sorry to bust your bubble, but Chase all ready has thiers.

Just put you together a bunch of real estate agents, pay them 15 pelts for giving you BPO's then resell then for $19.95 each.

Did mailing of post cards to brokers in a nine county aear for my up coming auction this week in and 15% of the cards were returned, "unable to forward".

Workbox

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Call Zaio, they will be glad to help you. Great group of Folks, the best in the Broth, they all willing to help you.

moh malekpour

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Lee, I am thinking BIG! I know that the big boys like Wells Fargo etc have access to the AVM products - but I don't want to get blanked for not being able to provide such a service. My father always said - "Every customer he has used to be someone else's before him". So why not me and Chase buddying up! I am only investigating, day dreaming a little maybe, just trying to think of a way to increase business.
Robert,
You are 20 years late to think big about AVM. It came to market long time ago. Many lenders, including Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Wells Fargo, Countrywide and Washington Mutual made very risky decisions last few yours to utilize computer generated appraisals (known as AVMs) instead of licensed real estate appraisers. They are paying for their stupidity now.

Bama Bayou

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Alabama
I started my involvement in AVM's in 1990. I got out when the talk of "tweaking the model" because of "low values" started. They are not going away, but I can assure you it is a long learning curve with these animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks