• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Hp Color 3320

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Stainbrook

Sophomore Member
I like my new HP 3320. I am running it as my color printer & a Compaq inkjet for my Black & White all with MicroSoft XP. When I am searching the MLS for Comp's I like to print out alot of similar ones to compare side by side. I would like to use the HP because it's quicker than the Compaq, but I can't find any where in the drivers to print black & white. I hate printing all that color pages when I'm going to trash half of the pages any way. Any suggestions ??

Carnivore

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Bob,

I assume you hooked up your HP via USB. If so invest in a cheap laser w/parallel connection as a second B & W printer. This will save you big bucks in inkjet cartridges, more than paying for the new laser.

Look on ebay or better yet watch for new Brother Lasers on sale. I have a Brother 1440(17 ppm) that I bought new for $179.00 incl tax.

Ben Vukicevich SRA

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New Jersey
Andrew,

All my machines--fax, printer and copier use the same 1440 toner cartridge.

You can buy 10 bottles of bulk toner for $170. So it's 17 a refill. All you need to do is pull out the plastic plug on the cartridge, dump the old toner out of the cartridge, clean the old toner off the roller,and dump the new stuff in. It's really easy. Try it. But you must remove all old toner due to the charge in it or you won't get really black copies. Since there is so much toner left in the old cartridges, I save it until I fill a bulk toner bottle, then I have toner cartridges set aside that I only use old toner in for the fax machine. The print is grey as it's basically washed-out, overcharged toner. But it's OK for appraisal orders coming over on the fax.

Give it a try, it beats $69 for a new toner cartridge.

Ben

Ben Vukicevich SRA

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New Jersey
Bob,

Go to Control Panel. CLick on your printer. Click on Set Properties. On the General Tab will be a Printing Preferences button. CLick on it. Go to Paper/Quality. There you can put it on draft mode to save ink and click on B&W only.

Good lUck

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks