• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

I recieveed an ordr with no case # is that required?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwand125

Freshman Member
1 st on , no case # came over with order, client should have that correct

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Tell them you must have the case number. How much do you trust or know this lender???? I have only one client I will start an FHA without the case number - all others must provide the case number on the copy of the form printed out from HUD showing me as the assigned appraiser.

larryhaskell

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Nevada
As I understand the rule, you can inspect the property and complete the report without the case #. However, the report cannot be submitted without the case # on the form. You may find this hard to believe, but a HUD person told me that they don't always trust the lenders to follow through & submit the report to HUD. I remained shocked to this day about this statement.

David S. Roberson

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Tennessee
There's a chance that the lender wants to see the value before ordering a case number and being liable for your fee. BEWARE!

larryhaskell

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Nevada
I would follow up by agreeing with Pam. You do need to consider the lender. I have had multiple changes on a request from FHA to conventional & back again. I have even had them change after completing an inspection for a conventional loan. Had to go back & do the FHA stuff. If I do an inspection for an FHA and complete the report & then they change to a conventional, I still charge my standard FHA fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks