• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

If It Wasn't So Shabby, It Would Be Funnier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlotte Dixon

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Delaware
Did an appraisal a couple weeks ago for Centex. They just called and said they needed one of the other appraisers to sign as Supervisory Appraiser for me! :rofl: Now, let me update you. I started appraising in 1988, started my own business in 1993, trained and hired 3 kids, and NOW, the kid has to sign as Supervisory Appraisal for the Mother, who has a higher license :rofl: It just keeps getting sillier and sillier :rofl:

I explained all of the above and they said the appraiser they want to sign as Supervisory Appraiser for me has done work before for them. I tried to explain that YES, he did, but I signed as Supervisory Appraiser for him :rofl:

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
Thanks for the memories!!!

I have a license... Hubby is a certified General

Had the same experience... Could NOT get them to understand why I was nearly incoherent when they insisted that I sign as supervisory to him....

The best part as I tried to explain was that they weren't getting access to two checkbooks in the event they tried to sue us as it all comes out of the same pot....

Tim Hicks (Texas)

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
Same story. I was asked to to a new home appraisal for a mortgage company, but it was going to be used by a local bank for interim. I used to do appraisals for this bank before they switched to a staff appraiser. I haven't done any appraisals for this bank in 4-5 years, but I know of one appraisal that did go through the same bank in December. Anyway, the staff appraiser could not keep up and a friend of mine (that I taught to appraise) did their overflow work. The bank told the mortgage company that they could not accept my appraisal because I was not on their "approved list" anymore. I tried to explain that I know they used one of my appraisals in December, but they would not budge. I also mentioned that I used to be on their list and I know my friend was on theit list. They asked me to get my buddy to co-sgn instead of attempting to get me put back on the list. I told them to just get their own appraisal. By buddy thought it was hilarious that they wanted him to co-sign my report. Talk about adding insult to injury. :D

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
You must be kidding!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks