• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

I'm looking for a good 1025 (small income) class for my appraisal skills.

i never had a 2-4 class with my designation classes. problem is that the form is a hybrid of residential and commercial, but giving more value to the residential part. i'm in a big city, but i never seem to do that many during the year. and some are not the most fun to do. there might be a book about it in the appraisal institute store. by the way, the institute never cared about residential appraisers.
I will check AI but AI classes are so expensive :(

unlimited membership around $750 (big amount for me) and I was wondering it's worth or not. Because I have OREP insurance, it offers 14 hours free CE and if I bundle it with other classes, I can buy it for a discounted price. 14 hours Free CE + "how to support and prove your adjustment" = $99
I think it's a good value for me, so I will try this first. Thanks for your comment, and I will consider the McKissock Unlimited Membership in the near future, since there are many classes that I also want to take.
If it's of any help, I hemmed n hawed for Years before finally enrolling in the unlimited membership, but it became so damn user-friendly to be able to enroll in a course topic that interested me, without having to worry over-n-over about the course fee. In fact, I didn't enroll in the unlimited program after my 2-year enrollment ended, because the fee still seems to exhorbitant--although I am a huge proponent of the program. E&O needs to be re-enrolled next month; ACI license expires soon, just paid about $1000 for CA appraisal certification, just paid $700 for annual and then even more for the quarterly CRMLS fees, new tires on one of my cars, not even to mention that I gotta ome up with $7,5000 tomorrow to get the other car out the shop following a full transmission re-build of the Benz. Working at least 6 days a week for 25 years just to be able to afford a decent lowbrow lifestyle don't seem right, but I'm watching homeless encampments up n down the street in my relatively upscale neighborhood in Riverside, CA, realizing that life could be much much worse; realizing that I am blessed...

Good morning!

I am looking for a good sales comparison & income approach class.

I've learned theoretical things from Prerequisite courses but also want to learn a real case study from a professional appraisers.

A from 1025 would be perfect for me and I'm particularly interested in a course that explores actual cases and explains the process of selecting comparables, supporting adjustments, and developing the

sales, income, and cost approaches.

If you took a good class recently, please let me know.

Thank you :)

The Appraisal Institute offers Appraising Condos, Co-ops, & Puds ($175). I don't think that's expensive for 7 hours. I'm sure the income method will come up a bit.

There used to be a spreadsheet-focused class, but I can't find it ... it was more for what to do with the data after you had it, but that's the kind of stuff that works great for income approaches.

A little different perspective here; find a local CG and see if they wouldn't mind a "tag along" on a few multi-family's, offer to do some of the work for a % of the fee and you may find the hands on experience = to several classes. Also, you get a different perspective of how a CG looks at the occupied/unoccupied data.
Over the years (have several friends CG) that provided different input to provide different perspectives on rental properties, always learning no matter how you look at it.

a 2-4 family is like doing a 1004 with a rent sched. it is only hard when you don's have exactly similar type properties. with 2-4 i would go further to find sim comps and mostly there really isn't an abundance of sales in some areas. also, it is not GLA, but gba with 2-4 properties. that makes it more fun when the basement is finished apartment. sometimes you have to figure out where do i put that orange adjustments for an apple property. and more recently here, realtors not putting in rental data on their listings, ugh.
so much for your 1st 2-4 online class. please send tuition to me.

Last edited:
The Appraisal Institute offers Appraising Condos, Co-ops, & Puds ($175). I don't think that's expensive for 7 hours. I'm sure the income method will come up a bit.

There used to be a spreadsheet-focused class, but I can't find it ... it was more for what to do with the data after you had it, but that's the kind of stuff that works great for income approaches.
Oh, thanks for your comment. I will check that class :)

a 2-4 family is like doing a 1004 with a rent sched. it is only hard when you don's have exactly similar type properties. with 2-4 i would go further to find sim comps and mostly there really isn't an abundance of sales in some areas. also, it is not GLA, but gba with 2-4 properties. that makes it more fun when the basement is finished apartment. sometimes you have to figure out where do i put that orange adjustments for an apple property. and more recently here, realtors not putting in rental data on their listings, ugh.
so much for your 1st 2-4 online class. please send tuition to me.
Wish I can buy a cup of coffee for you lol

A little different perspective here; find a local CG and see if they wouldn't mind a "tag along" on a few multi-family's, offer to do some of the work for a % of the fee and you may find the hands on experience = to several classes. Also, you get a different perspective of how a CG looks at the occupied/unoccupied data.
Over the years (have several friends CG) that provided different input to provide different perspectives on rental properties, always learning no matter how you look at it.
I think they will charge $300/hour. Just kidding

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back