• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Is It Quiet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pauly1963

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
Wondering if volume has dropped with my piers? Or have I unconsciously pissed everyone off, trying my best via sweating my butt day in and day out?

I am not happy with two of clients so not the end of the world, but was wondering.

Elliott

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Oregon
The volume of water for Houston piers is increasing. Rates are very good, probably too good. After lenders and banks catch their breath, they will raise interest rates a bit, and appraisal activity will probably increase. Its usually busy before school starts, then there is a paws.

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I had to take a week off due to an injury, but phones / email was silent today.

Riick

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Delaware
I took this week off, one of the reasons was I was getting overloaded.
If you happen to be slow, it's because anyone who hasn't taken a vacation, is taking one *now*.
So... Homeowners not applying for loans when on vacation, and Banks short staffed - same reason.
Start to worry if it extends to say September 10th.

BTW:
Piers = a platform supported on pillars or girders leading out from the shore into a body of water, used as a landing stage for boats.
Peers = People of the same legal status: A jury of one's peers.
-also- a person who is equal to another in abilities, qualifications, age, background, and social status.

Gobears81

Professional Status
State
Illinois
OP-where in Illinois are you? Our company's residential appraisal business has been a little slow lately also. I do almost strictly commercial work and was quite possibly busier than I've ever been in May and June, but received three orders in July. I didn't sweat that because it was a good chance to above the water again and I planned to take some time off in August, though the vacation was expedited after my wife broke her ankle. I hadn't taken a full week off in years, but unlike previous vacations, I was not overwhelmed when coming back and actually it was quite slow until receiving a fairly large surge of new orders in the past week. I have a sweet spot of work right now, which is still lower than it has been for months (or years). But I get where you are coming from with questioning yourself-it is easy to not be critical when the work is coming in unabated and to wonder if something happened when the work stops.

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
it is easy to not be critical when the work is coming in unabated and to wonder if something happened when the work stops.

It is hard not to wonder why when the music stops.
But, no worries, it is not a game of musical chairs where you are done if you don't get a seat.
And, the music will start again soon. :peace:

gregb

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Book a vacation, work invariably rolls in. Or spin the bottle, the rotation always comes around-

05.JPG

miktay

Professional Status
State
Texas
Wondering if volume has dropped with my piers? .

It's probably because you didn't use speakers on your piers made for a wet environment !!

Last edited:

pauly1963

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
Thanks all for comments.

bnmappraisal

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
It's been a slower month for me here in FL, too, Pauly. And another buddy, who even does VA in my county, told me he's slower this month too
Enjoy the "down time" ... but like Riick said
Start to worry if it extends to say September 10th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks