• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Let’s Get This Signed And Out There Please

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 122624
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove the political statement from the petition and you may receive more support.

Petition: “The Trump Administration wants to disrupt the role of appraisers, but that's not a good idea.“

Last edited:
Remove the political statement from the petition and you may receive more support.

Petition: “The Trump Administration wants to disrupt the role of appraisers, but that's not a good idea.“

I didn’t write it. But I’ll pass that along.

Can't imagine any appraiser not supporting this. Glad to see so many of us are involved.

All three of the charts in the link are telling the same story.

I wouldn't sign it. I seem to recall past petitions, ideas of unions for appraisers etc... Provided HVCC as an answer and created the AMC industry.

Stuff like this isn't new. For decades lenders have implemented ways to avoid appraisals and then they suffer the consequences and go back to requiring appraisals.

My cog in the machine is to complete appraisal assignments, not to protect others from making bad decisions.

I am not a big fan of trying to protect an industry through regulation. Much of my work is from investors and property owners who want a credible opinion of value to make a financial decision. Nobody is requiring them to get an appraisal.

Maybe instead of focusing on regulating that an appraisal is required we should focus on why these clients don't place value on the service we provide.

BTW... Why is the petition blaming Trump for this?

100% correct. Users need to choose appraisals over alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back