• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Location maps not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

JENIFFERW

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
I haven't been able to get a location map to download for the last 2 days, and no one is answering the phone at Ala Mode. Anyone else having this problem?

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
I've done 2 today. No problems here. Are you on the current update? They made some changes to the mapping last week.

JENIFFERW

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
Yes, I have the current update. My other internet sites are working fine. I was getting maps perfectly until yesterday, and no one is anwering at Ala Mode today, I guess because of the holiday. I'm going to Google Earth, cutting and pasting, and adding annotations as an alternative, but it sures take a bunch of extra time and effort...Grrr.

Howard Klahr

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
I had this problem prior to the most recent update in May. When I downloaded and installed the update the problem went away. This was after several consultations with tech support but just before my appointment with an advanced technition. Never identified the actual problem but it did go away.

Becky Dove

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Ohio
I have been experiencing the same problem. Spent 1/2 hour on the phone with them last Thursday. The tech walked me through a "fix" but when I got in this morning the same thing is happening. Went through the same steps the tech walked me through and it is working now. Here are the steps:
Click Start
Run and type tas click ok
Select Wintotal Utilities click Next
Double click 4. System File Utility
When the list populates look to see if there are any listed files that are colored orange.
If there are you will need to replace them.
In order to replace them click on the file and click replace. You will need to do this for each file one at a time. Once finished click Refresh to make sure no filed were missed then close the window.
The Technical Support Assistant window will still be open. Double click 3. Replace Wintotal System Files.
Wintotal will then replace the files. It should look like wintotal is going through SafeStart.
Hope this helps.
Becky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks