• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Looking For School Recommendations !

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJD

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
New Jersey
Can anyone recommend a school for a trainee ? Online would of course be the easiest due to I am working full time but would a possible mentor look down on that ? Thanks for the advise.

Walter Kirk

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
New Jersey
I would not suggest taking basic appraisal courses online. You will gain a lot from the time spent in discussions with your instructors and fellow students in a classroom environment that is not possible online. In addition the contacts that you will make will last throughout your career. I would suggest checking with the AI and IFA websites for local classes. Some of the best classes that I took were sponsored by my County College and the Rutgers extension service.

Carlos Danger

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New Jersey
You are probably going to be better off doing AI or other classroom hours to start. Check with the Business Learning Center in Matawan, they have some good courses. Should be pretty close to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks