• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Manufactured Home missing HUD tag and Data plate - FHA

SierraMV

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Montana
I went to an appointment today, it was a completely renovated manufactured home, it is for an FHA purchase appraisal. The current owners had resided it, renovated the inside, and thrown away the HUD tag and Data plate.

This is a first for me with everything missing. I plan on calling my client in the morning, but I'm wondering if anyone else has experience with this. I'd have to leave all the manufactured home info blank, except the year.

Thanks for any insight.

The lender can contact the IBTS for a certification and label verification letter. Yes, I would alert them.
Just go to the website and copy the link to email the lender and they can get it for you pretty quickly in most cases.

I went to an appointment today, it was a completely renovated manufactured home, it is for an FHA purchase appraisal. The current owners had resided it, renovated the inside, and thrown away the HUD tag and Data plate.

This is a first for me with everything missing. I plan on calling my client in the morning, but I'm wondering if anyone else has experience with this. I'd have to leave all the manufactured home info blank, except the year.

Thanks for any insight.
Run a Clerk's Office search for prior mortgage documents, which normally have the desired HUD Data Plate info.

My client responded and said to complete "as-is" and state that they aren't present. Which means I can't fill out anything in the HUD section of the 1004C form.

Check out the docs online There is no past mortgages or bank docs recorded, just a few tax liens.

My client responded and said to complete "as-is" and state that they aren't present. Which means I can't fill out anything in the HUD section of the 1004C form.

Check out the docs online There is no past mortgages or bank docs recorded, just a few tax liens.
If the front steel beam where the hitch attaches is visible. The S/N is on that beam

They must not want to make the loan. Be sure and put that you requested the client get the HUD verification certificate/letter from IBTS and the client instructed you to do it as is. If it's been renovated completely, lots of times they tear out the cabinets, put siding over the exterior and remove the plates, etc. But you have to have all that information about wind zone, roof load, and the HUD numbers, etc. I mean, FHA requires this information. It's maybe $150 for the non express letter to be emailed within 7 days. It costs more to get it next day. Hopefully, the seller has it in their own loan information, and they'll just attach it later.

I'd have to leave all the manufactured home info blank, except the year.
Did you think that completing an appraisal is about filling out the form? About putting someting in every space on the form? You do as the Client suggested. You report that the tags are missing. You can do that anywhere in the report that makes sense to you.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back