• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Manufactured Housing Data Plate Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAS01

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Montana
Hello. The interior data plate is missing from a manufactured home, existing that we are appraising. We had noted the information as not being available and required the data to be provided as subject to. I have read many threads on here but want to be sure that requiring this as subject to is accurate, as we are receiving push back from the lender. Any ideas? Thank you!

Jerry Bone Jr

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon
Hello. The interior data plate is missing from a manufactured home, existing that we are appraising. We had noted the information as not being available and required the data to be provided as subject to. I have read many threads on here but want to be sure that requiring this as subject to is accurate, as we are receiving push back from the lender. Any ideas? Thank you!
Will the availability of the HUD Data Plate / Compliance Certificate make a difference to your value opinion? If it does, then "subject to" could be appropriate. If not, then perhaps it's not appropriate.
As Mr Rex said, the lender will get the IBTS report. Do you need to see it? You're not going to add the IBTS report information to your report, are you? I'm sure you could make it work either way.

RSW

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
I would not make the report subject to the information. I would make note of the absence of the data plate and let the Lender deal with it.

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
The lender is your client. If they want an appraisal condition that is not misleading, illegal, immoral or fattening... just do it. Keep the client.

SAS01

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Montana
Thank you to those that responded. You helped tremendously!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks