• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Mapping Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howard Klahr

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
As an alternative to Batch Geo, i have come across this web site that uses Google maps and allows batch/multiple address entry. Looking for thoughts/feedback on this site as well as possible alternatives

https://www.mapcustomizer.com/#

S is for spittman

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
Just tried it. It looks nice, but I don't like how it has a number inside the place markers. This may cause confusion since the numbers may not correspond with Comp #1, Comp #2, Listing #1, etc. and of course your Subject will have a number too. I've been using multiplottr.com that is very similar, but you can type in all the addresses at one time then hit enter and it just places pushpins that are also editable.

Batch Geo is not user friendly. I tried it years ago but could never get it to work.

Alternatively I have just started using my MLS mapping feature that allows me to print out a full page PDF map of my plotted Subject and comps.

Last edited:

JTip

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
MLS mapping feature that allows me to print out a full page PDF map of my plotted Subject and comps.

Use the 'Snipping Tool' (W10) and copy/paste directly onto the software map page. I use this tool for many maps, gis, plats.....awesome.

S is for spittman

Professional Status
State
Texas
Use the 'Snipping Tool' (W10) and copy/paste directly onto the software map page. I use this tool for many maps, gis, plats.....awesome.

I have a desktop tool called Screenpresso. It has a neat little feature where you can scroll while you copy instead of zooming out to fit the whole picture, however, I do notice a slight loss in quality when "pasting" from clipboard with any software. Pictures are much more crisp if I "upload" a PDF.

Howard Klahr

Professional Status
State
Florida
I don't like how it has a number inside the place markers. This may cause confusion since the numbers may not correspond with Comp #1, Comp #2, Listing #1, etc.
If you select the batch entry button, you can not only enter the data in the order you want it to be displayed but it allows customization of the location markers of both type and color

JTip

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
however, I do notice a slight loss in quality when "pasting" from clipboard with any software. Pictures are much more crisp if I "upload" a PDF.

Perhaps your software is automatically reducing the overall file size to create a 'smaller' report (like Clickforms). While automatic, I simply add the photo/paste in again and it keeps the original file size as the attachment.

NachoPerito

Professional Status
State
Washington
Google Earth Pro works well for me to create comp maps

KHS445

Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Michigan
I second Google Earth Pro. Use it multiple times in some reports. It allows me to provide approximate outline of subject property, subject neighborhood, comparable map, etc. By running the cursor over the map it will provide you with elevation which is especially helpful when you are unable to gain access to an entire comparable site or determining setback requirements for critical dune/high risk erosion/wetlands/zoning/building envelopes, etc. Also provides multiple year views so you can see development and/or changes to the subject and surrounding area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks