• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Marshall & Swift For Manufactured Homes

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR1972

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
I have used marshall and swift for the past 5 years. The problem I have is that the home I am working on has a covered porch(from the factory) that makes the home 52' on one side and 47' on the other. Marshall and Swift only allow length and width dimensions (completely ridiculous) instead of allowing us to just put in the GLA. Really don't want to learn NADA for 1 appraisal. Any thoughts?

JR1972

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
I have used marshall and swift for the past 5 years. The problem I have is that the home I am working on has a covered porch(from the factory) that makes the home 52' on one side and 47' on the other. Marshall and Swift only allow length and width dimensions (completely ridiculous) instead of allowing us to just put in the GLA. Really don't want to learn NADA for 1 appraisal. Any thoughts?
Just got off the phone with them. Gave me a load about different length's and width's having different values. That is why they don't allow GLA. I asked him if every manufactured home in America was a rectangle? He said " it appears so".

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
I don't trust M & S prices and NADA gives you actual sale pricing to calculate depreciation. I've yet to see my first MH that isn't box shaped, with both factory add ons and site built add ons being rectangular and valuing by brand and model is better than trying to guess quality

OSU Beavers

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon
Marshall & Swift would not be good for this home either

Attachments

• POINT.jpg
    POINT.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 12

CindyR

Professional Status
State
Arizona
why don't you just average the 47 and 52?

JR1972

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
Can't average, they only let you use round numbers. Plus they limit the size you can use for a tag along. I can't go lower than I need to. House came from the factory with a covered porch. It isn't a tag along . upload_2017-7-25_11-41-18.png upload_2017-7-25_11-41-18.png

D

Deleted member 128537

1. No one is really going to give a .... about the cost approach anyway.
2. I agree you do the best you can with what you have and flex a bit. I doubt that when all is said and done there will be a $1,000 difference in the cost for that porch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks