• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Meaningful Advanced Classes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard J. Glesser

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Michigan
Any suggestions on good quality Con Ed classes. I'm Certified General and would like to take classes for my renewal which would add to my resume. Had most of the theory I need. Taken Master's Level Statistics at the University. Looking more for classes I can learn something which I can take back and apply in my practice. Have a year to get classes in but tend to end up looking for something good and settling for hours of redundancy. :usa:

Patrick Egger

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Nevada
The age old problem of more of the same when it comes to CE ... I've taken classes from other sources that you may want to check into ... the local MLS always has some good income property classes, same goes for home building, UNLV offers the Graduate Builder's Program through the Homebuilders Institute, lots of good classes if you do subdivisions.

I've found that many state boards will approve you CE for Appraisal if its a nationally reconized course, like the HBI classes or classes at the local University. They offer the HBI classes nationally. The IRWA also has some good offerings.

Getting into classes with non-appraisers that you can get approved for CE has lots of advantages (and some downsides). You get to see some different perspectives and I think you learn more. You may want to find out the procedures for getting credit for classes in your state.

We have a provision that permits you to apply for credit for courses that you've taken where the sponsors didn't apply for appraisal CE approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks