• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Mercury Network Acquires Appraisal Scope, Inc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flakey

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
South Carolina

TRESinc

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
what exactly is appraisal scope? according to the mercury link they are a software provider. are they an AMC?

gregb

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
One client uses appraisal scope. Very similar to appraisalport or rims. A portal for appraisal assignments, assigning and uploading.

TRESinc

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
so mercury basically bought out a competitor then?

Flakey

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
South Carolina

S is for spittman

Professional Status
State
Texas
I've had a couple clients that use AppraisalScope based websites and charge an upload fee about the same as AppraisalPort. I also know that mercury charges more than all of them, but I have not got work through any of them in a while so I'm not sure what those fee would be now.

TRESinc

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
thanks for the responses. long ago i made a personal decision not to work with any client who requires me to pay a fee to send in the product they ordered/purchased from me. it's just a personal thing. i don't require the restaurant to pay me to purchase food when i dine nor do i require the utility companies to pay me when i order their services so why would i pay anyone to deliver a product ordered from me?

gregb

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
Appraisal scope charges me no fee for the service they provide one bank client. Guess the bank is paying their fee.

Sid Holderly

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Indiana
Some of the orders through these portals are paid by the lender. I have had a couple that have been prepaid the last 6 months. I think they found out a lot of use do not like paying to send in a report. An order I turned down today from Mercury had a reasonable fee, but I am at least 3 to 4 weeks out. Another AMC is looking for a quick turn on a mfg with acres that has been flipped, It would require a drive over 3 counties for comps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks