• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Mobile Floor Plan App Poll

Do you use a mobile floor-plan app during property inspections? If yes, please state which one(s).

  • Yes—sometimes

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    15
  • Poll closed .
Did you input that into the report? All that in under 30 minutes is quite amazing actually. Even with the bowed walls and uneven lines. Do you shoot some areas with a disto to verify and pretty up the sketch afterwards?
That was the sketch that went into the report. I initially tried to measure directly and gave up. I called my client and told them what I had and they agreed to accept the CubiCasa sketch. It was for an equity line. I did compare it against what I had already measured and it was close. I didn't change anything, I cited in the report how it was measured. Interestingly, it was the first time the property had been measured since new. It was built in 86 and the original builder had made several additions and modifications over time. I talked with him and whatever plans he had were long gone. The assessor only had the GBA for the footprint stated in the permit application. The owner purchased it for cash from the original owner several years ago and just had an equity line. So, from what I can tell, the property had never been measured or appraised. Anyway, if someone wants to prove it's wrong, let them have at it.
 
I use 100 ft fiberglas tape, a laser that will do about 60 feet. I use a steel tape that will reach about 8 feet or more without bending much. I am totally dependent on laser on upstairs many times for GLA or GBA.
I wear a tool belt. I don't even have to look at it for what I grab for the measurement.
 
That was the sketch that went into the report. I initially tried to measure directly and gave up. I called my client and told them what I had and they agreed to accept the CubiCasa sketch. It was for an equity line. I did compare it against what I had already measured and it was close. I didn't change anything, I cited in the report how it was measured. Interestingly, it was the first time the property had been measured since new. It was built in 86 and the original builder had made several additions and modifications over time. I talked with him and whatever plans he had were long gone. The assessor only had the GBA for the footprint stated in the permit application. The owner purchased it for cash from the original owner several years ago and just had an equity line. So, from what I can tell, the property had never been measured or appraised. Anyway, if someone wants to prove it's wrong, let them have at it.
How did you buy program? One time use? What did you use for the scanning?
 
I round to nearest 1/8 inch when possible. I am freaky. Builders can't even build to nearest 1/8 inch. I have it all in my brain. I do the best I can on GBA or GLA.
 
CubiCasa is an app. They charge per use and it varies by which sketch you want. This one was about $20. Most are around $15. You need a device that does Lidar scanning. I'm an Android guy but I bought a refurbished iPhone 14 Pro Max for $350.00. You don't have to have a data plan if you use wi-fi only. You just scan and upload when you get back. Their tablets can scan as well. It's not my daily measuring tool, but it does come in handy. CubiCasa does give a discount if you are a member of any real estate board.
 
CubiCasa is an app. They charge per use and it varies by which sketch you want. This one was about $20. Most are around $15. You need a device that does Lidar scanning. I'm an Android guy but I bought a refurbished iPhone 14 Pro Max for $350.00. You don't have to have a data plan if you use wi-fi only. You just scan and upload when you get back. Their tablets can scan as well. It's not my daily measuring tool, but it does come in handy. CubiCasa does give a discount if you are a member of any real estate board.
So you pay $20 to sketch a 24’ x 36’, 3 bedroom ranch?
 
No, that would be $15.00 but why would you? I would just measure unless you want interior rooms too.
 
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top