• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Moving in to town

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewartresidential

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Michigan
I live in Michigan and I also have my license in SC, Thinking about moving to columbia, how is the market, and the appraisal business?

Toni Boyd

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
South Carolina
Hi Stewart,

It's funny that I ran across your post. I was searching the board for the same info your looking for. I am in SW FL-Cert. working for 10 years now. I am actually planning a trip to Columbia area next weekend to take a look around. But not planning on moving until the end of the year. I was trying to search papers and the forum to get an idea of what the market has been doing up there. You've had several views but no replies. I'll keep an eye on your post.

Come on guys and gals, what's going on in your area?

Has your market held steady, is there any activity, are you working?

USPAP Compliant

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
When Myrtle Beach sneezes.......the rest of SC catches the flu.

That steady stream of fancy pick-up trucks ans high dollar SUV's coming in to Columbia from the South and the East are so called "contractors" looking for fertile ground. These are the same folks that raped Florida and Myrtle Beach until the party was over.

http://www.thestate.com/business/story/346708.html

Lawrence R.

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
South Carolina
Not entirely true about Myrtle beach, but it certainly does resonate around the Conway, Georgetown area.

Charleston is probably the place to be if you want to appraise real estate and be where the action is.

Florence is a slightly smaller town, but has had incredibly steady growth over the last 10 years. I live there, so stay your *** out, LOL.

Nah, we would be happy to have you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks