• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Need help on Trainee exam in IL

Status
Not open for further replies.

rach2

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
Illinois
Hello, i'm new on here, I work for an Appraiser in IL & I'm in the process of taking my Trainee test, I've took it several times & no luck. I've got the compucram disk & every book I can possibly think of to help me & I still can't pass it. Does anyone have any other suggestions that would help me? I'm not a very good test taker to begin with. Thanks in advance!

Obsolescent

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Minnesota
study, study, study and study some more. The Illinois appraisal exam is difficult.

SMF

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Virginia
Sounds to me like you may not be cut out to be an appraiser. consider another line of work. The exams are identical in 49 of the 50 states so thats not the issue.

Suz-E

Professional Status
State
Illinois
The compucram disc, I felt, was very VERY good at prearing me for the exam. Perhaps you are not understanding the concepts, and you need more study time. Where did you take your classes? Some schools will let you sit in on a class a second time if you're having trouble.

If you are having trouble with the book, when you get out in the field, you're going to have a very hard time grasping it all, so I would suggest you take your time and make sure this profession is right for you. :peace:

JTip

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Wow. Didn't know some states had a 'trainee' test.

rach2

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
Illinois
I have worked for an Appraiser for going on 5 years now, I put the Appraisals in the computer, sometimes fill the paper work out for the Appraiser & even go w/ him to inspect some of the properties & take pictures. I know I can be good at this & this is what I want to do. Personally, the most things on the test we do not use in everyday Appraisals, just mostly the USPAP requirements.

Mack Mitchell

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Texas
LearnAppraising.com

I have worked for an Appraiser for going on 5 years now, I put the Appraisals in the computer, sometimes fill the paper work out for the Appraiser & even go w/ him to inspect some of the properties & take pictures. I know I can be good at this & this is what I want to do. Personally, the most things on the test we do not use in everyday Appraisals, just mostly the USPAP requirements.

Go to Learnappraising.com and study at the Certified Residential level. Don't study at the Trainee level. Try and master at least a level above what you are testing for. It's tougher than you will need, but factor in the anxiety of test day and when the time comes you will run over the actual exam like a train against a gremlin. Trust me. Study those practice exams for a few months and test day will be a walk in the park.

BRCJR

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Virginia
Wow. Didn't know some states had a 'trainee' test.

I think, at least in Virginia, it is the license exam. You must pass it to get your trainee license.

After completing your trainee hours you do not take another exam, as you had to pass the license exam to become a licensed trainee.

rach2

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
Illinois
Go to Learnappraising.com and study at the Certified Residential level. Don't study at the Trainee level. Try and master at least a level above what you are testing for. It's tougher than you will need, but factor in the anxiety of test day and when the time comes you will run over the actual exam like a train against a gremlin. Trust me. Study those practice exams for a few months and test day will be a walk in the park.
Thank you so much for giving me that website! I think this will help me out quite a bit, I had never heard of this before. I'm definelty going to study on there everyday for a while & then try the test again, once again thanks so much for your help! :clapping:

Mike Phillips

Professional Status
State
Florida
How about giving us an example of a question you do not understand, and/or one you missed? I'd be happy to comment on several questions if you are interested. You did take an intro course, right?

MP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks