• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Need historic industrial comps from mid 1990's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheikh Yerbouti

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arizona
I hope I’m not going to regret this assignment. I’m looking for very old, historically significant industrial buildings that sold during or within a few years prior to 1997. My subject is a 5 story brick factory building that is 102 years old. It is a rotting shell, but it’s on the National Register of Historic Places and is a landmark building with a lot of local historical significance. There is potential for adaptive reuse, but the cost would require public sector participation to make redevelopment feasible. I’m looking for sales of comparable buildings that may have had similar potential but were basically shells at the time of sale. My subject is located in the downtown area of a Phoenix suburb, but I would welcome good comps from anywhere in the US. I will of course pay or reciprocate for the right data.

Anyone out there with long memories?

Thanks,

Dave McReynolds

Scottsdale

Laughing Heir

Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
There may have been one or two here in Scranton. I would direct you to the Scranton Chamber of Commerce, (570)[SIZE=-1]342-7711. Other side of the US but they may exist.
[/SIZE]

Kali the Boston Terrier

Professional Status
State
Michigan
Hope you are getting paid by the hour, because you are going to have a lot of hours in this assignment.

I would suggest going to the National Historic Registry and pulling up the list of industrial buildings in Arizona. Do transfer search at the Court house for all of them, see if any sales have occurred. You might pick up a few that way. Another way is check with the SHPO, they might have their own list...do the same. I would also go to all the assessing offices in each City you feel is comparable in location to the subject, ask the assessor to pull up a list of all industrial buildings with a year built not later than 1930. Cross reference those for sales as well.

Does the subject have any protective easements that prevent it from being built upon? Is it in a historic district as well as being on the registry? What makes the subject historic, famous architect...occupant, event?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks