• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

NM AMC list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durano Joe

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
I've heard that all AMC doing business in NM have to pay a fee and be listed on the state website.
I can't seem to find it, can anyone provide a link?

nm505

Professional Status
State
New Mexico
Go to www.nm-ac.org and click on Links and AMC or NM Board and you will find a link with instructions on how to search for a state approved AMC. At this point in time, all AMC's must be registered with the state of NM

nm505

Professional Status
State
New Mexico
Mile High,
Since you provided the link to SB55, I want you to know that we are fighting this as after a very hard won battle to provide rules and regs for AMCs last year, this bill attempts to exempt "big bank" AMCs and more. We hope to prevail but it is taking much effort. SB 54 was proposed to allow two AMCs on the appraisal board. That has pretty much gone bye-bye but they will have one in place of a public member. We are also having to negotiate with the Realtors that supported us on the AMC bills to allow BPOs for pay in our state. We are weary with all the battles but trying to maintain lines in the sand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks