• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

No Adjustment Because Condition Is "assumed"

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I am also sort of curious why the OP never jumped back on to comment/post since their original post.

I'm assuming (from screen name) they work for/at an AMC ... first thought was "OP was posted Thur afternoon. AMC workers typically are done at 5pm. They 'got busy' Fri to respond. Now it's the weekend and I'm not getting paid to work...." (this is a blanket AMC comment and not directed directly at the OP - FTR, used to work at an AMC, so again, not directed at the OP personally)

I guess in this technology age where many things are NOW NOW NOW, we've come to expect such things. God forbid an AMC client would expect our reports within 48 hrs after inspection ... oh wait ...
 
I don't write perfect appraisals and I don't expect others to. I do provide reasonable explanations for important items esp value related and most appraisers consider doing that part of basic competency.

My market area also had years of upheaval, when that is present just explain what is going on and what impact it has on subject (which am sure you did)
 
...I am also sort of curious why the OP never jumped back on to comment/post since their original post.

You know what i was just thinking the same thing while i was shoveling snow (must be climate change).
This what i concluded. Maybe i am just a slow learner.
There is no "AMC guy"
Somebody made him up and made up the whole "bad" appraiser scenario.
If this "AMC" guy does exist maybe they could post their name and the company they work for?
Since i know that won't happen this thread was a complete waste of time except for the "bad" appraiser crowd.
When he/she decides to climb out of the rock they slithered out of maybe the truth could be heard.
 
djd-

Do you see any irony in the fact that you have a screen name yet are expecting someone else to post their real name and company?

Why not accept the post for what it appears to be: A post by a person who works for an AMC asking a question (in this case, legitimate)? :shrug:

Like I posted earlier, appraisers come on and bash other appraisers all the time... posting the things they read in reports they are handed or reviewing.
But when someone associated with an AMC posts effectively the same thing, should their concern be discredited just because they work for an AMC? Last time I checked, AMCs are agents for many of our clients. I think I'd rather know what kind of issues the agent for my clients are questioning in the reports they receive vs. shutting the door just because they are associated with an AMC.

But, that's me! :cool:
 
DJD - I have to pretty much agree with Denis on this one. I don't blame "AMC guy" for his/her anonymity on here. H*!! a large amount of posters have pseudonyms. It's the internet! - anything can and will be used against you once posted! He/She might lose their job if their boss found out they posted something here. :shrug:

I actually liked the question and the majority of the discussion; that's why we're usually on here (or at least me...to see other opinions of my peers in the profession). After being on both sides of the fence (and personally am VERY glad I'm on this side) I can appreciate and understand where the question comes from. Again, I think it was a legit question to post.

BTW, I wish I could say I miss shoveling, but I don't. If it's any consolation, I had to turn my heat on last night! Either way, Salut' :beer:
 
Do you see any irony in the fact that you have a screen name yet are expecting someone else to post their real name and company?

Denis i have posted my name on here before. I have nothing to hide. D.J.D are my initials. Go to the state of ohio dept of commerce and somewhere on the list i will appear. When that AMC snake, gutless, no name, punk decides to reappear and if the loser decides to post his/her name on this thread and i can verify it , i will gladly post my FULL name. But since i am under the impression it is a fake/fraud/made up post it will not happen.
 
... i am under the impression it is a fake/fraud/made up post it will not happen.

There is always the chance of that, but its difficult for me to imagine that someone, for fun, would make up the scenario that was posted. Regardless of what I can or cannot imagine, this thread certainly could be cooked.
I guess we will just have to wait and see if the OP returns or not to this thread.

I don't expect AMC-entities to necessarily be treated kindly on this forum. There is a lot of legitimate anger at AMCs. I get that. And, some posters ask for it; all is fair on this forum (within the rules; and there has been no violation of any forum rules in this thread).
I do think there are some AMCs that are better than others, and I do think that some are good and some are not good. I also think it is likely that some fair and competent people work for the bad ones and some unfair and incompetent people work for the good ones.

I've never seen the OP post before; he or she may have a record of reckless posts that I'm not aware of. Or, this could be the first or one of a few posts the OP has made and this may be their attempt to get some "outside of the AMC-box" feedback on an issue they are looking at. If this is their first time, I'd encourage them to continue to post or just lurk. If for no other reason that they may understand the real anger and antagonism that exists between a large portion of the appraiser world and the AMC world.

For sure, I don't expect an AMC person to get "friended" on the Appraisers Forum! :ohmy: :LOL:
 
Maybe the appraiser is so burned out they thought they'd make the statement and see if anyone noticed?
Could be :). Like my old professor in Chemistry that rambled on and was discussing static electricity and electrons one day and in him mumbling way, said, " if you rub two cats together you'll get static electricity or kittens,... " Not 1 in 4 students actually caught that statement and the rest looked up to see what was going on when those of us who did chuckled.

I think sometimes we run out of words. I do wonder if he actually meant that or just fumble-bumbled something to fill space.
 
I sense some sarcasm. J you probably write a perfect appraisal with no questionable statements. Good for you.
Since my markets have been turned upside down with poor lending practices, there are many places within my appraisal where it could be highly confusing to an unlicensed, out of stater, with no geographic knowledge, AMC blumpkin.


it takes two to tango, just look at this thread for an example of a problem on the other side. hope you don't live in a glass house.
 
glass house.

There is glass on my house.
I hope the house doesn't fall on the public like when the house fell on the wicked witch of the west in oz. or has it?
I see peeling paint.
pelosi_the-wizard-of-oz-house-on-witch.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top