• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Ok new blunder

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyecoyote

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Washington
Ok sitting down going through orders today. Get a new one in from a new client. They were refered by one of our other clients to do field reviews. Don't you just love those field reviews. Open up appraisal to take a look. On page 1 of report No neighborhood comments, no census tract, no neighbohood/plat name (URAR), no map page or range and no flood information. These items are all left blank these are items that I see just off the start. Look on page 2 sales comparison approach one comp is in different county (this is on the county line and I admit these areas are interchangable but no comment). There are no sales comparasion comments at all. Value as indicated by sales comparison approach $150,000, final opinion of value $160,000 and reconciliation indicates that sales comparison approach was given most weight.

Well these are just the small little things that I notice just looking at the form. So I decide to look this appraiser up on the internet (DOL appraiser section home page) to see how long he has been appraising. He is a general appraiser since licensing got started. Oh and by the way the thing that really made me laugh. He got his license number wrong completly not just a little but completly wrong (WA state switched license numbers last renewal he had old one in there with new experation date).

Ryan

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
You should have a lot of fun with this one. This opportunity comes by but seldom and should be enjoyed.

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Hmmmm.

Complete the review in detail. Then double check with your client about contacting the appraiser. Is this someone you know? Do you know of his reputation? Is it possible that he didn't do this report????? If he didn't do it, I'm sure he'd like to be made aware of this. If he did do it, he definately needs to retire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks