• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Omg 3.6 Sucks

I have a 688 sq ft house and the 3.6 is taking up SOOOOOOOOO much time!
I am doing my first 3.6 now- so tedious and poorly designed it, but it adds a ton of time and misery when it did not have to be that way. The other computer products being developed are user-friendly, while this one is harkening back to DOS and dot matrix printers - even if it can be auto-filled by AI - I bet even AI will get screwed up trying to navigate the labyrinth of pop-up fields and hidden exhibits !
 
Last edited:
Which software are you both using for 3.6? I’m trying to decide which one to learn, but I keep hearing complaints about every platform, so I’m not sure which one to choose. Feeling a little lost. :(
 
Which software are you both using for 3.6? I’m trying to decide which one to learn, but I keep hearing complaints about every platform, so I’m not sure which one to choose. Feeling a little lost. :(
I am using Win Total Alamode. It works fairly well, except the format itself is weird - instead of plenty of boxes for photos or easily adding a Map. I have to keep clicking on an empty field to create a photo, same for exhibits. I do not know if that is different with other software or if, when the mobile app comes online, it might change with Alamode.

Alamode seems about 70% functional in features- it is sufficient to finish a report, but they are still installing some features that worked seamlessly on 2.6.
 
We've been using a two page variation of 2.6 for decades. All Fannie had to do was do some modifications to make 2.6 better maybe adding an additional page.
To totally change to 3.6 with so many pages is asinine.
 
We've been using a two page variation of 2.6 for decades. All Fannie had to do was do some modifications to make 2.6 better maybe adding an additional page.
To totally change to 3.6 with so many pages is asinine.
It might not be any more pages, but it is more data fields - which is not that bad. The worst part, imo, is that one "dynamic format" forces the appraiser to turn each report into the relevant form for the different property type assignment, and each type has a different set of expanding fields, like starting each one over from scratch. It is time-consuming and clumsy to have to click to create a box each time we want to add an "exhibit" such as an additional photo, or a map, or a chart or other.

If the GSEs wanted to make this transition smooth for appraisers and the clients who depend on the reports, they could extend the deadline by 3 months to allow either 2.6 or 3.6 to be submitted, which would keep the reports flowing on the user end and allow time for the software companies to catch up (and allow time for appraisers to master the software ). It looks like AIVRE and REGORRA have their own issues per posters here who have actually tried to use them to do an actual appraisal report (vs the hype )-
 
Last edited:
If I had to compare it to a driving expeirence - going from the intuitive fields of the 2.6 to wrestling with the bumpy maze of the 3.6 feels like trading in a Toyota Camry for a Ford Pinto. Like turning off a smooth paved highway to driving down a pothole-filled road with detours to nowhere. Perhaps a year from now it will function well....idk.
 
Last edited:
If I had to compare it to a driving expeirence - going from the intuitive fields of the 2.6 to wrestling with the bumpy maze of the 3.6 feels like trading in a Toyota Camry for a Ford Pinto. Like turning off a smooth paved highway to driving down a pothole-filled road with detours to nowhere. Perhaps a year from now it will function well....idk.
The Pinto required the driver pushing harder on the gas pedal and harder on the brakes.

There was no Toyota Camry in the seventies. Your old as dirt...lmao )
 
The Pinto required the driver pushing harder on the gas pedal and harder on the brakes.

There was no Toyota Camry in the seventies. Your old as dirt...lmao )
It's a comparison, doh!! As in, going backward in functionality - to one of the worst cars ever designed = are you older than dirt ?? The Pinto was discontinued, put out of its misery.

https://www.bing.com/copilotsearch?q=why+was+the+ford+pinto+discontinued&form=CSBRAND

The Ford Pinto was discontinued due to serious safety flaws, public backlash, legal challenges, and the resulting damage to Ford’s reputation.​

Safety Concerns​

The Pinto, produced from 1971 to 1980, had a critical design flaw: its fuel tank was positioned behind the rear axle, making it highly vulnerable to rupture in rear-end collisions. This could lead to fires or explosions even at low-speed impacts, and the car lacked adequate protective measures for the tank kevinsautos.com+1. Despite early awareness of this issue, Ford initially prioritized cost-cutting over safety, allowing production to continue without modifications
 
I had a girlfriend in high school her parents had money so they got her the Mercury Bobcat which was the luxury Pinto....lol )
 
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top