• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

On being on the VA panel as a fee appraiser.

Lycabull

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
West Virginia
sorry you feel that way bro but i love the 525 VA fee and 14 day turns. tehy are my best client. no one paying my 1500.
sorry you feel that way bro but i love the 525 VA fee and 14 day turns. tehy are my best client. no one paying my 1500.
We dig you too digger!

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Bay Area, Marin County, etc ... its all the same to those of us "inland" ... :rof:
Better not tell the people in the Bay Area that Inland is all the same because its not : )

A Brit in California

Professional Status
State
California
Better not tell the people in the Bay Area that Inland is all the same because its not : )
As far as I know and see and have been told by the VA the $600 fee for a VA appraisal report is statewide.

Are you suggesting the fee varies?

Sean Sutton

Professional Status
State
Missouri
It's not what is used to be.

For the longest time I thought being an appraiser for the VA was the best thing since sliced bread. I no longer feel that way....at all.

There are some reasons I can put on here and some I cannot. An instance recently from a new reviewer at the VA prompted this thinking. He/she is NOT an appraiser, never was. But I will not comment on that.

Watching my peers getting paid $850 to $1,500 or more while I'm getting $600 is one reason. Try to get a bump up you say? 0% luck with that in 3 years.

Being able to pick and choose which jobs you take is not a possibilty doing VA appraisals. You do what they assign you. You might get a "mulligan" once in a great while but you'd better be the spouse or brother of the borrower to get out of anything.

You have to take on the ENTIRE county or counties. Nevermind it could be a 2 hour drive each way to the other end of a county. NO......you don't get extra for mileage.

More than half the lenders are taking 60+ days to pay. And the VA (if they feel like it) after 60 days "MIGHT" send them a letter to assist in getting paid. It's better than no help but not by much.

There are some good things, sure. But getting $600 for a $1,500 job is getting real old, real fast.

There will be an opening for a VA panel appraiser soon. You can have it. I have more than enough not to have to bother with the VA anymore.

About half of their sign up package is about all the ways they can remove you from the panel and how you have no control over any aspect of your business relationship with them. Nope!

Typical Govt bureaucrat junk. They make all the rules while they sip coffee at their desks and we are out killing ourselves trying to make them happy.

My HUD REO contracts turned into the same deal so I cut them loose back in 2015ish...M&M contractors on HUD REO assignments are about as disloyal a group as you come across in this business.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks