• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

On-line USPAP Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnivore

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Apparently something has happended to my 'puter' settings for IE or the USPAPIANS Web master has done something to help lower standards of perfomance even lower then they already are.

http://commerce.appraisalfoundation.org/html/USPAP2008/index.htm

I can not seem to copy within USPAP and paste to another document today(appraisal report, Appraisers Forum, word doc's, etc etc).

Anyone else having this problem?

FTR, The Appraisal Foundation has placed a Copyright Symbol on the the USPAP Cover. I searched the Copyright Office for this to see if they had registered the 2008-2009 registered.

NADA....

Last edited:

George Hatch

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
As of this morning when I right click a page I get a message that the pages are protected.

Carnivore

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
George,

Copy and paste is a valuable tool for us at the forum when we discuss USPAP or give advice. This is an attempt to stop people from boot-legging a copy of USPAP.

I dont know why they are so paranoid. They supposedly have the protection of US Copyright. This version does not appear to be registered so there damages are limited to the cost of the book.

If they would register this version, then they would receive a Statutory Award minimum of $30,000-$150,000 if someone bootlegs a copy(s).

AI gives a copy to every member. So thats quite a few people. AQB dudes get a copy when they take there class. USPAP Updates classes include a copy of USPAP.

SO who is stealing the book and really, how many could that be? Is it so many that they deny us a very good way of using the book.

I have a suggestion for there Idiot Webmaster! A paid subscription password user ID site for those who buy their copy.

Geeeez, these guys are a piece of work.

Randolph Kinney

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Okay, they have that part of the site protected. It can only be opened with IE. I have tried Chrome and Firefox and both get a blank page.

With IE, it won't allow a copy.

Carnivore

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
I suppose we have to now BUY the PDF version also., Oh wait, that wont work, because I can then send it to all my buddies so they wont have to buy one.

Randolph Kinney

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Microsoft has set up IE that allows special coding for security and display control by individual web site and programmer. It is the reason why other browsers are non-functional on some web sites. It is the non-standard web protocol that is killing the web.

For example, the MLS web site I use, Sandicor (all San Diego county), specifically checks and verifies your browser and if it is not IE 6 or 7, you get bounced immediately with the message that "This site can only be accessed by Internet Explorer."

This means that users that need that web site also have to be running Windows. It is the hook to keep sales of Windows going.

USPAP Compliant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Buy the E-USPAP version. Excellent way to search & find stuff in USPAP.

George Hatch

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
Copy and paste is a valuable tool for us at the forum when we discuss USPAP or give advice. This is an attempt to stop people from boot-legging a copy of USPAP.

I dont know why they are so paranoid. They supposedly have the protection of US Copyright. This version does not appear to be registered so there damages are limited to the cost of the book.

If they would register this version, then they would receive a Statutory Award minimum of $30,000-$150,000 if someone bootlegs a copy(s).
Given the recent events I think a lot of appraisers will see some irony in all this. In addition to the irony, I also see the law of unintended consequences at work. I'd imagine others may attribute it to retribution and hostility.

As often as I quote USPAP for instructional purposes this is an inconvenience for me. I am not impressed with their timing or the act itself.

David Dietz

Professional Status
State
Florida
It would take a little time but just go through each needed standard and print to a PDF then combine the PDF's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks