• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Online Class for Sales Income and Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

casurf2020

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
I have one more class to take, then I am ready to sit for the state exam to finally get my License!!!

The next class here in Phoenix, isn't until August of this year and I don't want to wait that long, last time it was cancelled at the last minute due to low turnout. Can anyone give me any advise on which online SCHOOL would be the best to take the sales and income approach from (AP-06)?

I would rather not do this class online, but at this point, doesn't look like I have much of a choice. Any advise would be appreciated.

Last edited:

casurf2020

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
Awesome, thank you. I will sign up there, then. Thanks for your time to reply.

Kali the Boston Terrier

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Michigan
ANytime, let us know what you think of it. Previously you had to take it out of state, so online is pretty neat.

casurf2020

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
I will let you know. I noticed it is quite a bit more expensive than taking it in person here in AZ. At the Arizona School of Real Estate, they charge $290 for the class and it is more than $400 here. I hope the old saying holds true, that you get what you pay for......maybe I will learn a lot more by paying more.:new_smile-l: I hope so.

Financially Feasible

Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Before you sign up for your class, I might check with your state appraisal board. I know that Pennsylvania will not allow an online class for QE but it will allow an online course for CE. Of course, all states are different... but it wouldn't hurt just to check it out.

Jason Lafleur

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Illinois
Actually, the information on Pennsylvania is a bit outdated. PA now allows QE courses to be taken online for credit as long as there is an offline proctored exam, including Residential Sales Comparison and Income Approach. But as you say, each state appraisal board has different rules.

You can see all of the QE course approvals in each state for any class at the Appraisal Institute's web site: http://www.appraisalinstitute.org/education/online-education-state_approvals.aspx

Financially Feasible

Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Actually, the information on Pennsylvania is a bit outdated. PA now allows QE courses to be taken online for credit as long as there is an offline proctored exam, including Residential Sales Comparison and Income Approach. But as you say, each state appraisal board has different rules.

You can see all of the QE course approvals in each state for any class at the Appraisal Institute's web site: http://www.appraisalinstitute.org/education/online-education-state_approvals.aspx

I think that someone forgot to call Harrisburg and tell them... because I've spoken to several different people on the phone who all said that online courses were not permissible for QE. :shrug: Well, if you are correct, Jason, then I can sit for the CG exam and not have to worry about finding a place not named Pittsburgh to take my statistics class. :icon_mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks