• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Ostrichs & Bitcoin

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
We could go back a lot farther and talk about tulips. :leeann2:

This looks like a case of You Can't Fix Stupid. :ROFLMAO:

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
You could but why perpetuate a myth?
I don't believe that to be credible in itself, but we could use John Law's schemes. There clearly was a tulip mania, though it probably didn't collapse the Dutch economy. The Mississippi scam or South Seas investment bubble OTOH wrecked French government and investors a like. Emus and ostriches did not collapse the farm economy but I know it bankrupted one person. Appraised the place. Her birds were all over the neighborhood and cops were hunting for her. Finally locals began shooting them and last of them were rounded up by a local exotic animal farm and dumped on their farm. Eventually they had to post a guard at the exotic animal farm to keep people from dumping unwanted birds on them, especially emus (ostriches were worth a few dollars but emus wouldn't sell with a $50 bill tied to their neck). I had one dumped on my farm once. Goofy and you can't herd them. Emu burgers are supposedly good, the oil is very penetrating and used to make arthritic creams. The processing house in Grove, OK has shut down and you rarely see them now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks