• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Pass rate for the 2008 CA Trainee Exam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike ahumada

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
California
Does anyone know what the pass rate is on the new 2008 CA Trainee Exam?....I am just curious to know how much harder the new exam is as opposed to the old one and what everyone has thought about the test who have taken it.

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Who's even trying to enter the profession? The only people I could see who would want to enter the profession right now are those living on a trust fund and don't need to worry about their cash flow. There's no work for trainees. In fact, licenses are dropping like Bill Clintons trousers. On 6/2/08 there were 19,201 total licenses. On 09/04/08 there were 18,648. That's a nice drop in a short period of time.

bschmidt

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
California
2008 first time pass rate
AT - 19.56%
AL – 21.74%
AR – 36.10%
AG – 61.39%
Overall – 32.69% pass rate on first time
2008 2nd time pass rates
AT – 12.5%
AL - 20%
AR – 25.75%
AG – 22.85%
Overall – 20.15% pass rate on 2nd time.
Overall – 28.056% pass rate.

AnonApprsr

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Massachusetts
Wow... good. The less appraisers the better.

I was the only to have passed the new test in Massachusetts, and that was in early February.

wickedness1

Professional Status
State
Ohio
I took the Certified Residential about a month ago. I was the only one of 7 who passed that day. A gentleman at the state of Ohio Licensing Division told me that the pass rate is 35-40 percent for the Cert. Res. test.

AnonApprsr

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Massachusetts
Good. I want more people to fail. The more the better.

Mike Phillips

Professional Status
State
Florida
2008 first time pass rate
AT - 19.56%
AL – 21.74%
AR – 36.10%
AG – 61.39%
Overall – 32.69% pass rate on first time
2008 2nd time pass rates
AT – 12.5%
AL - 20%
AR – 25.75%
AG – 22.85%
Overall – 20.15% pass rate on 2nd time.
Overall – 28.056% pass rate.

The figures tell a strange tale.

To put it in perspective I see (for ARs) 36 out of 100 passing on the first try; OK that's not totally out of line IMO as I expect many appraisers underestimated the exam. But the #s for the second attempt floor me - only 26 out of 100 who have already taken the exam once passed it the second time. Very strange.

So we can expect about 62 out of 100 to pass by the second attempt. If the trend stays the same on the third attempt about 15 more will pass which gives us 77 out of 100 passing by the third attempt. That is IF every candidate makes three attempts if necessary. Many won't.

That's about right. And once the instructors start teaching the exam those numbers should improve.

But I have to say this: NOW we are making progress.

AnonApprsr

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Massachusetts
No. We're not! I don't want any more appraisers. We don't need them. And yes, I'm being selfish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks