• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Plat Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Leith

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Michigan
Is anyone else having trouble accessing the State of Michigan plat maps? If not , what is the trick?

Mark

Michigan CG

Staff member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Michigan
The Michigan Facebook page is reporting problems. I think someone said there is a new link for them now.

Mark Leith

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Michigan
The Michigan Facebook page is reporting problems. I think someone said there is a new link for them now.
Are there other sites where I may download plats?
Thank you for your reply

Sid Holderly

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Indiana
Use the County GIS sites. Caution on believing all the lot lines are accurate. The lot lines are an overlay and not always registered correctly.
They can give views at many resolutions and have overlays for various years.

Artemis Fowl

Professional Status
State
Michigan
Is anyone else having trouble accessing the State of Michigan plat maps? If not , what is the trick?

Mark
Must have JAVA installed/updated. Should be the trick. Let us know if that worked.

Last edited:

Sid Holderly

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Indiana
Berrien County was one I knew about. One of my college classmates has farmland in and around Buchanan and Niles, with their home base just south of the border.
A company out of Laporte makes County Plat books, Athentic Inc. A publisher of County plat books for Indiana and lower Michigan cost $25 to $40 per county or combination, located at 702 Ohio Street, La Porte, In. 219/362-8508. Another publisher is http://www.farmandhomepublishers.com/ has 50 county plat maps for Michigan
Also https://www.AgriDataInc.com for farm land; also https://www.AcreValue.com, for rural areas.

I will be using more of AcreData.com in the future, but they do not cover all counties.

Artemis Fowl

Professional Status
State
Michigan
Careful with GIS. Parcel/plat data is added as an overlay to map layers that may be comprised of many sections meshed together...scaling anomalies happen. If the scaling is off property lines may be skewed a few feet. Read all GIS site disclaimers...this is why they are there. If parcel dimensions are part of the layers then those numbers should be fine as they are taken from the actual plat. GIS measuring and line location relating to aerial imagery may be skewey. An actual survey is always best data.

Sid already said it. Worth repeating tho.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks