• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Problems at the Appraisal Institute

Status
Not open for further replies.

incognito

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
I got an e-mail from my local chapter president of the AI today, which started "by now you may have heard of the alleged discrepancies and inconsistencies as well as wrong-doings at the national level in the Appraisal Institute".

No, I haven't. Can anyone fill me in, or give me a link to a story?

Don Clark

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
I got an e-mail from my local chapter president of the AI today, which started "by now you may have heard of the alleged discrepancies and inconsistencies as well as wrong-doings at the national level in the Appraisal Institute".

No, I haven't. Can anyone fill me in, or give me a link to a story?

Suggestions from a non member........ask your local chapter president for the circumstances. Does not sound like what he/she should be saying without some information to support it. You have just opened up the AI for scrutiny by 1,000's of non members with inquiring minds. I really don't wnat to know as I have always held the AI in high regard.

DTB

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
Suggestions from a non member........ask your local chapter president for the circumstances. Does not sound like what he/she should be saying without some information to support it. You have just opened up the AI for scrutiny by 1,000's of non members with inquiring minds. I really don't wnat to know as I have always held the AI in high regard.

Way to keep an open mind Don!:rof:

Ken B

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
This has been beat to death already on this forum. If the OP wants to know what's up, he can access the Member's Only section of the new AI site and research the original letter and AI's response.

PropertyEconomics

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New Mexico
There have been numerous postings of 10 past presidents asking questions of the current leadership. If one searches threads here you will find the letter, the response, and some discussion.

As far as holding them in high regard .. I wonder sometimes if they hold appraisers in high regard. They sure seem to do all they can to sell the residential guy down the stream.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Arkansas
Where's the National Inquirer when you need 'em?....Inquiring minds want to know :)

DTB

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
No, it is a way to stay out of a matter that is not of any concern to me.

Why would you hold something "of no concern to you" in high regard?:shrug:

Why have any regard for it one way or the other? :shrug:

Don Clark

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
Why would you hold something "of no concern to you" in high regard?:shrug:

Why have any regard for it one way or the other? :shrug:

Their internal problems are of no concern to me. But, as an institution I have good cause to hold them in high regard. Also, having taken some of their courses, and as an instructor myself since 1984, I believe their courses are second to none. But, infighting, and "family" feuding is not my concern.

Kevin Mc

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
"I don't know anything Officer, I was in the bathroom when it all started."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks