• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Problems with McKissock and state reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjk

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Minnesota
UPDATE: DO NOT PROCRASTINATE.

Last edited:
I always print my certificates & send them in with the renewal. I wouldn't want to depend on someone else for something that important.
Not allowed in the state of MN. Courses must be reported by the institution granting the credit. Unfortunately, you can't report your own certificates as a resident appraiser :/

Don't wait until the last minute...And I doubt McKissock will refund anything. The problem is as likely the state's as it is McKissock.

I have never had any problem with reporting course completion to the State from any provider. Mckissock or whoever!

What I don't know is when any of the providers over the years actually reported the completion. Usually I check about a week later.
Then when I get my renewal notice from the state, I write the check and send in the renewal. I have never received my renewal that said I was still short CE Time. I think we get them about three months prior to renewal.

Maybe I missed something, I always get a certificate at the end of the course; for my records, and if the State questions my compliance, I have proof it was completed, Case Closed; been doing it that way for over 25 years, whether On Line or In Person, I collect what I pay for.

Now, because you did not print out/physically take, your course completion certificate, you have No Proof - so it appears to be Your fault ??

Like you I pushed the deadline this year. Good intentions to get everything wrapped up earlier, but life/work got in the way. That said McKissock reported everything to the State of Michigan the next day. My only question (because you have mentioned it) is did you sign and submit the completion form(s) that McKissock requires be sent to them before they issue the final certificate. If you did great, if not that may have caused some of the delay.

Maybe I missed something, I always get a certificate at the end of the course; for my records, and if the State questions my compliance, I have proof it was completed, Case Closed; been doing it that way for over 25 years, whether On Line or In Person, I collect what I pay for.

Now, because you did not print out/physically take, your course completion certificate, you have No Proof - so it appears to be Your fault ??
I do have the course completion certificate and proof! However the state will not accept proof from me, only the provider.

i feel for you bro, but you did your last class when. when you leave late & run into a traffic jam whose fault is that. i have done the same thing with other things, and boy did i regret doing it at the last minute. i start my 1st class a year early, you never know when you will have the time, or desire, to review USPAP again.

Pa just has you sign, saying you took the class, but they do a group sampling. however, they usually send out their web based application about 3 weeks before the license expires. i do not wait 1 day to get it done. they even say, you app is looked at in the order they arrive.

i give you a 'dope slap' to the head as my rating. i liked the tear stains on your post.

McKissock reports every Friday which in your case was the 30th. I think they have a rush fee if you need it earlier. Maybe your state doesn't update the database until the following Monday?

I would get proof from McKissock that they reported to the state. If they failed then negotiate some free CE from them for your added cost of compliance. If they can prove to the state that it was reported then it is the state you have an issue with.

PS. Don't forget to check your FHA eligibility as they will drop you like a hot cake when your license expires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back