• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Propane Tank distance from exterior wall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure it's 150 gallons and the distance is 5 feet.
propane-tank-distances.gif

At the closest point it is less than 5-feet.

I called the propane company to confirm the size of the tank (the company's tag was on the tank but the other tag was painted over several times- I didn't want to take the pen knife and scrap it off):
The tank is 172 gallons water, which is then rated as 150 gallons propane.

BLEVE this baby! I've fought house fires with those 25lb gas grill tanks popping off. That's not fun either.

Oh great...I can see it now...
"Excuse me Mr. Homeowner...would you please move your grill 50' out to the back yard so I can take a picture of it showing to be a "safe distance" from the residence?"....of course after I leave, feel free to take down those handrails...oops, I mean put it back up on the deck.

Here ya go:

propane-tank-distances.gif

Last edited:
I couldn't find anything in the handbook referencing distance other than high pressure pipe lines being located outside of the easement. It would be a judgement call or let the local code compliance be your guide.

Do you remember reading those newspaper articles about propane tanks blowing up and killing people? Yeah, neither do I. :new_all_coholic:

No, I don't recall any article like that, so I think you may have a good point.

It could happen, though. And a 5' diameter meteor could slam into my forehead when I take out the garbage in a few minutes, too.
anim_11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back