• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Public service announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark K

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Indiana
The Biopsy gave me the willy's. There were two other guys waiting their turn when I went in...when I came out they had flew the coop....

Maybe if you hadn't been screaming so loudly!!! :)

The Dr. that did mine told me that he didn't like doing the biopsy any more than I liked it. I said..."I sure hope you don't enjoy it because if you do, I'm finding a new Dr."

Peter LeQuire

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Tennessee
My doctor doesn't believe in them...too many false positives. But I want the test and always got them until last year. I don't quite understand why she is so negative on them and so cautious on other things.
One of the legitimate treatment options for men having an elevated PSA is "watchful waiting". But an elevated PSA is - even among "conservative" physicians - an indication that more complete diagnostic effort ought to be made.

Peter LeQuire

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Tennessee
Maybe if you hadn't been screaming so loudly!!! :)

The Dr. that did mine told me that he didn't like doing the biopsy any more than I liked it. I said..."I sure hope you don't enjoy it because if you do, I'm finding a new Dr."
I had that procedure - while it was going on, the MD kept asking me how I was doing. I told him how I was doing wouldn't show up till later, but that for the moment how it was a heck of a lot more important how he was doing.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
As long as only one hand is on my shoulder

David Thompson

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
Mark K, Congrats on getting good results. This disease is very sneaky, no symptoms... I had a high PSA test three years ago at age 69, after the biopsy, (not fun), I was told that I had 1 positive result from the 12 samples taken. Have been getting PSA levels tested every six months and a new biopsy every 12-18 month. Last biopsy was 2 positive results from the 12 samples, per the Dr.it is till stage 1, watch and wait phase. No treatments recommended yet. Last PSA test last summer showed a slightly lower PSA level which is good news but I go back for another biopsy next month. It is a frustrating time, no symptoms, no side effects yet, I can't feel it, and at this point can't do anything about it.

There may be some good news for those of us that get this thing, there is another form of treatment available besides the traditional radiation, chemo and surgery options which all have significant side effects.

There is a facility here in Hampton Virginia which offers Proton Radiation which has a very high success rate and NO side effects. see link below and good luck to all of us...….

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks