• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

QE and CE requirements question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jevolbers

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Indiana
Hello,

I am currently an Appraiser Trainee in Indiana, and I was wondering if anyone knew if Qualifying Education that is going towards my upgraded license also counts for my Continuing Education in order to renew my trainee license. I have tried some searches, but could not find any direct answers. Additionally, does the USPAP course I took in October of 2020 count towards the USPAP requirement for renewal? I was within two years of the renewal date (6/30/22) and am wondering if that also counts, or if I need to also take the 7 hr USPAP update course.

Thanks for the help!

CE and QE are different. QE has a required examination/test to pass CE does not have that requirement.

Hello,

I am currently an Appraiser Trainee in Indiana, and I was wondering if anyone knew if Qualifying Education that is going towards my upgraded license also counts for my Continuing Education in order to renew my trainee license. I have tried some searches, but could not find any direct answers. Additionally, does the USPAP course I took in October of 2020 count towards the USPAP requirement for renewal? I was within two years of the renewal date (6/30/22) and am wondering if that also counts, or if I need to also take the 7 hr USPAP update course.

Thanks for the help!
GO TO INDIANA Appraisal Board WEBSite.
In NC, the Appraisal Board WEBSITE describes "every question" of your concern.

IN...NC to renew a license THIS year (by June 30th) you MUST have taken the newest USPAP class mandated within the first year of every two year cycle. This year the 2020-2021 USPAP Book remains EFFECTIVE until 12/31/2022 or otherwise Notified.

IN... NC: by end of NEXT year renewal (06/30) you MUST have completed 28 (total) hours of CE in order to apply & pay
the Fee for the "Appraiser Qualification Card" = License.

AB: website
ALSO Read: under Education Header the exact descriptions of licensure & processes (for your use).

Don't know for sure about your state... you'll need to check with your appraisal board. A lot of information might be on your board's website. In the states I'm certified, QE does not count toward CE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back