• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Question about seeking a sponsor for provisional license...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanthaMarella

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Connecticut
Hello! I am a licensed real estate broker in CT & NY and I am very interested in getting involved on the appraisal side of things. I am planning to take all of the necessary courses to obtain a provisional license in the coming weeks. Is it better to have those done prior to identifying a sponsor (I'm assuming), or should I wait until I have a sponsor lined up to begin? Also, do we know of any agencies in CT where there might be appraisers who have "raised their hands" to offer sponsorship for new appraisers? Any suggestions for getting in contact with someone who would be willing? I do find it a bit strange that the state requires this apprenticeship but there doesn't seem to be any formal resource for getting set up with one. Any suggestions or contacts would be greatly appreciated!

This is a very poor time to seek becoming a licensed appraiser....
Not enough appraisal volume to provide a trainee with sufficient appraisal work....
Unless trainees are allowed to perform "practice" appraisals, meaning appraising homes of friends/family/neighbors/etc. that can count for hours....
Good luck....

Hello! I am a licensed real estate broker in CT & NY and I am very interested in getting involved on the appraisal side of things. I am planning to take all of the necessary courses to obtain a provisional license in the coming weeks. Is it better to have those done prior to identifying a sponsor (I'm assuming), or should I wait until I have a sponsor lined up to begin? Also, do we know of any agencies in CT where there might be appraisers who have "raised their hands" to offer sponsorship for new appraisers? Any suggestions for getting in contact with someone who would be willing? I do find it a bit strange that the state requires this apprenticeship but there doesn't seem to be any formal resource for getting set up with one. Any suggestions or contacts would be greatly appreciated!
I would get a mentor before. Its a tough time to get started right now with higher interest rates.

I would get a mentor before. Its a tough time to get started right now with higher interest rates.

I would get your trainee license first (if your state allows).

Walking into an office with 75 hours of training down and a certificate in your hand is MUCH better than walking off the street with no clue what USPAP means.

I would get your trainee license first (if your state allows).

Walking into an office with 75 hours of training down and a certificate in your hand is MUCH better than walking off the street with no clue what USPAP means.
That's what I figured. I would want people to know that I'm serious about doing this and ready to go. Appreciate the feedback.

If you approached me, I'd tell you to come back when you had your training and had passed the state exam. Then we would talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back