• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Reciprocal ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZZGAMAZZ

Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
If all WV appraisal licenses expire on the same date each year, does that pertain to reciprocal licenses as well?

Is an appraiser required to maintain current licensure in his or her home state during the entire length of the reciprocal agreement?

Is the roster of appraisers on the WV Licensing & Certification Board accurate in indicating that [only] two appraisers are licensed in Hancock County, and [only] one in Brooke County--although I presume that the number of reciprocal OH and PA licenses fill the gap?

Does the Board respond to email messages sent via the website "Contact Us" link?

Gregory M.
Contemplating a Return Home

NP_MAI

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Those are really specific questions that are better asked directly to WV licensing.

As far as reciprocal licensure....once you are licensed by another state via reciprocity, you are a licensee of that state as long as you maintain your license in that state. It doesnt matter if your license lapses in your home state.

gregb

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
California
As far as reciprocal licensure....once you are licensed by another state via reciprocity, you are a licensee of that state as long as you maintain your license in that state. It doesnt matter if your license lapses in your home state.
Not sure about that. Colorado appraiser worked in a California bank on a reciprocal license and I heard that he lost the California CG when he left to go back to Colorado.

Lee in L.A.

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
You'll be fine, nothing to worry about. You will be good in perpetuity. For freeeeee! even. :D

Err, don't believe everything you read, especially on the internet. :leeann:

Go right to the source for important stuff like this.

Does the Board respond to email messages sent via the website "Contact Us" link?
I sure hope so, give it a whirl.

NP_MAI

Professional Status
State
Florida
Not sure about that. Colorado appraiser worked in a California bank on a reciprocal license and I heard that he lost the California CG when he left to go back to Colorado.
This is absolutely not correct.

He either didn't pay his renewal fee, didn't send the continuing education to the state, or let it lapse intentionally (or unintentionally).

NP_MAI

Professional Status
State
Florida
I am not as sure as you. But I am sure Rob Ely will say he used to have a reciprocal CG license in California.

http://collateralevaluationservices.com/people/rob-ely
You gain licensure through reciprocity. It is not a "reciprocal license." You don't lose them in any different manner than you might lose a license from your home state. Look up someone with licensure in multiple States on the ASC website....it doesn't distinguish between the person's home state certification and that of other states.

ZZGAMAZZ

Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
California
You'll be fine, nothing to worry about. You will be good in perpetuity. For freeeeee! even. :D

Err, don't believe everything you read, especially on the internet. :leeann:

Go right to the source for important stuff like this.

I sure hope so, give it a whirl.
Been doing so for about a month without a response; just wondered whether others had the same experience, although I should be able to simply pick up the phone & dial although I'm not much good leaving messages. [Sidenote is that I recently because a Kaiser Healthcare enrollee. Any time that a live person isn't readily available to answer a call, a recorded message describes the wait time--even as short as 2 minutes, or 3 minutes--and asks whether the caller would rather wait for a return call, which IMO is a wonderful alternative but not an option for a caller who isn't able to wait 2 or 3 minutes....]

Michigan CG

Staff member
Professional Status
State
Michigan
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This is correct.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Getting a reciprocal license is simply avoiding getting a license the traditional way. You get the license and it is now just a "license" like everyone else's in that state. I got my Michigan license through reciprocity and renew it according to Michigan rules. I still maintain my other state license and since I don't live there anymore I don't have to comply with their rules, only the rules of Michigan to renew that license although that might not be true for all states.

hillbillyman

Professional Status
State
West Virginia
The published roster is correct. Any license obtained regardless of your physical location will show on the list except temporary and apprentice permits. Out of state appraisers are listed at the end of the roster. All licenses expire on 9/30. You will be required to take the 3-hour law class. The counties mentioned will probably be covered by Ohio and Pennsylvania appraisers, especially from Pittsburgh. Your point of contact is Patricia Pope ([email protected]) or Courthney Buskirk ([email protected]). They should answer the phone, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks