• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Reluctant Letter to my Good Clients

mutigerfan

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2008
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Missouri
Took another AMC course - what a waste of time.
I did get one thing out of it I thought I would share.
Are any of you planning on writing any of your good clients a letter - letting them know you are 100% ready to go in reads to UAD 3.6 ? If so - please share.
I don't think AI want to write a letter for me I am comfortable with signing....hahaha. Sad - but true.
Any input would appreciated.
 
letting them know you are 100% ready to go in reads to UAD 3.6

what does this mean?
 
Let me change that to: "as ready as this boy is going get...."

I think I have sat through four different AMC podcasts - tried to keep up with AF daily post and taken two state C.E. classes ....spent a couple thousand in a new computer an other data.

I really do not know what else I could do to be more prepared as of this date.

Oh - I have competed one UAD 3.6 report..... so I think I am ready with ALL that appraisal experience. hahaha.
Perhaps I am wrong.
 
Last edited:
Let me change that to: "as ready as this boy is going get...."

I think I have sat through four different AMC podcasts - tried to keep up with AF daily post and taken two state C.E. classes ....spent a couple thousand in a new computer an other data.

I really do not know what else I could do to be more prepared as of this date.

Oh - I have competed one UAD 3.6 report..... so I think I am ready with ALL that appraisal experience. hahaha.
Perhaps I am wrong.
If you feel ready, then a simple communication to these clients that you are ready to accept UAD 3.6 assignments should do. Good luck!
 
Some of the portals wanted you to state 3.6 ready. One direct lender said we be giving 3.6 orders.in sept. My other direct lender, crickets.
 
I have a number of direct lenders. Some have asked. Others not. I’m not writing any letter to say I am ready. In truth the longer they hold off the better. More time for the software to get the bugs out. Frankly, this is going to be an absolute mess. I will probably take a few weeks off early in November to wait for the dust to settle. We are going to go from 0 to 100 in just a few weeks. It is going to be dreadful.

Unless an appraiser has done about 5 or 10 of these by November, I don’t see how an appraiser will be ready.
 
Working on my first one this evening using alamode. So far, nothing insurmountable although I am just setting the report up for the inspection tomorrow. Going to try the mobile app. Tried it when it first came out many years ago and wasn't a fan but since I'm having to relearn everything anyway, might as well give it another shot.
 
Airstream - I really like you idea of taking a week or two off starting in November - See you at the beach Kemosabe ...
 
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top