• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Reprimands

Status
Not open for further replies.

wisconsingal

Freshman Member
Professional Status
IT Professional-Appraisal Related
State
Wisconsin
Hi there, just a quick question I was hoping someone could shed some light on for me. I am not an appraiser, I do however manage an appraisal company. We are looking to hire a few new appraisers and one of our applicants has a reprimand on his license. He explained that situation and is a friend of one of our current employees so his overall work we know is good. The bottom line is will lenders allow an appraiser with a reprimand do work? Please let me know if you any of you have had any experience with this. Thanks a bunch!

Stone

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
I would think that a question for the lenders more than for appraisers.

Brian Weaver

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Illinois
Reprimands are public disciplines that do not affect an appraiser's ability to work (not as severe as a suspension or revocation). However, any public discipline can become a problem if a lender client has a policy regarding this type of sanction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks