• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Review With Opinion Of Value, Out Of State Appraiser! Proteck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midwest Guy

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Missouri
I was provided a desk review report on a URAR that I performed for a client. The desk review that was made by Proteck was prepared by an appraiser in the state of Washington. This valuation report (Review Appraisal) had a new opinion of value and additional comparables. Zillow was a data source mentioned on his sales grid.

I have a complaint for this prepared, I would like comment before reporting this obvious abuse from the AMC. I do not care about this "Appraiser" from across the continent, but this AMC has state license that should require proper protocol.

Last edited:

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
was the review in your opinion incompetent? Was the review opinion of value poorly supported?

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
What is MO law on AMCs and on OOS appraisers? I think competency would be an issue and I would file against them. I don't recall what MO law on AMCs should be but do keep in mind your report will be an issue as well ... make sure it is bullet proof.

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
was their opinion of value higher or lower than yours, and was it a purchase situation?

Lisle

Professional Status
State
New York
What a sad waste of time, having to address something so basic and wrong.

Michael S

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New Mexico
Is this appraiser licensed in Missouri?

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
I would contact your State Board before fling a formal complaint and find out what their position is on the issue and will they require you to provide your original appraisal and work file ? Sometimes these can turn into time consuming events and a state government hack would love nothing more than to find issues with both the review and the original report.

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania
Call; the review appraiser, and see if they actually have knowledge of a review for a property in Missouri, or if there is some fraud going on.

Midwest Guy

Professional Status
State
Missouri
Call; the review appraiser, and see if they actually have knowledge of a review for a property in Missouri, or if there is some fraud going on.

By not having MLS or proper license/certification, this is fraud, by the AMC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks