• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Sales up 3%am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas

JRS at OBX

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
I've been seeing more sales in the past couple months. Of course, I'm in an area with mostly vacation properties that sometimes act like the canary in the coal mine.

Michigan CG

Staff member
Professional Status
State
Michigan
The newspaper article I read tonight said the same thing, however it also said that listings are up, and prices are down.

We are yet to hit the bottom......I am thinking March 2010 for many markets including Florida, California, Nevada, Arizona, Michigan and Ohio.

JRS at OBX

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
I also have to wonder if bank sales are driving it. I went to a foreclosure auction on friday and asked the guy if anybody has been buying anything at auction. He said maybe 1 out of every 20 auctions might get a bid. I think all the regular players are waiting until it's listed as an REO. At least that way you can inspect the interior and make a lower bid.

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Figures lie and liars figure. You can prove anything with statistics. Reality, well, that's something else.

The Warrior Monk

Staff member
Professional Status
State
New York
We are yet to hit the bottom......I am thinking March 2010 for many markets including Florida, California, Nevada, Arizona, Michigan and Ohio.

I'd say a lot longer for some of those markets. Some of those markets have a few years supply, and supply for those markets is likely to increase. And that's even without considering the likely increases in interest rates (to prevent further devaluation of the dollar), as well the continued clamping down on credit. We're already into the second or third year of the "experts" stating it'll get better next year.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Arkansas
I've been seeing more sales in the past couple months.
So you've actually seen a sale :) Comps are so scarce in towns under 2000 now, that I rarely can get 3 comps from this town under 6 mo. age, often not in 12. Sales 06 = 14 07 = 5 08 = 1 so far

JRS at OBX

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
So you've actually seen a sale :) Comps are so scarce in towns under 2000 now, that I rarely can get 3 comps from this town under 6 mo. age, often not in 12. Sales 06 = 14 07 = 5 08 = 1 so far

I've seen quite a few. Of course, half of them are bank sales..... :new_smile-l:

AnonApprsr

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Massachusetts
The Massachusetts area (at least the South Shore and Boston) are limping but not dead. I see stability in 2009, and maybe (what?) a surge in 2010 which will stabilize by the end of it. Then stable for the rest of my life. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks