• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Save icon Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

nauthead

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2004
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
I downloaded mobile sketch for android but on the top right there are only three icons, the three dot save icon is missing. Anyone else have this problem?
 
nauthead,

What device and OS are you using? Some devices and OS variations present the "menu" a little differently. If you can give me that info and perhaps capture a screen shot and post it here, I'll try to help ASAP. I'm a bit under the weather today, but I'll try to check back here later in the day.


Regards,


-Randall Garrett-
..Apex Software..

/end/
 
It's a Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 that I bought yesterday. Hope you feel better and thanks for the feedback.
 

Attachments

Did not upload the first time.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 7
nauthead,

Thanks for your kind words. I think I have just a regular cold - feeling kinda shaky, irritated throat, sneezing, coughing, etc. Hoping some rest will help knock it out...

You are running Android v4.1, right, or was there a recent update to a newer build? I'd ask you to check your MS version but you said you got it yesterday and besides, you don't seem to be able to access the generic "three dot" menu, so that's out. I wanted to verify that I am running the same version as you are... I brought home several Android and a coupe of new Win 8.1 devices this weekend for a photo shoot and they are charging up now, but I neglected to bring a Note 8.0 since it is rather unique and didn't fit the comparisons for the thread I wanted to help out on. Just my lick to NOT bring home the right device, LOL. The GN8.0 is a really cool device and we need to get your MSA working correctly so you can get good use out of both.

I'm going to go try and rest up a bit while they charge and see if any of the Android devices are running JB 4.1 and have a similar screen resolution. I'll let you know what I find out ASAP.


Regards,


-Randall Garrett-
..Apex Software..

/end/
 
It is Android 4.1.2. I looked at the Nexus 7 and Kindle 8.9 but liked the Samsung feel over the others. Plus it has a stylus that previews anything you hover it over.
 
nauthead,

I have a 10" Asus TF201 and typically use it in the landscape position with no problems. One time I switched to portrait and could not see the 3 dot icon.

I know that most of the screens less than 10" are mostly used in portrait. Don't know if this will help - just thought I'd throw it out and see if it sticks on the wall.

Joe
 
It actually locks itself in landscape mode but I will see if I can get it to switch and see if that solves the problem.
 
You are correct, my current version locks in landscape also. It must have been an earlier version that switched positions when I rotated the tablet.
I just figured that the top banner line didn't fit when turned to portrait.
Sorry it didn't fix your problem...it was just a thought.
 
Hey folks,

Sorry for the lack of feedback from me lately. I'm really under the weather and feeling miserable. Been pretty much bed-ridden since Saturday and just got up to check this post before getting back in bed.

Nevertheless, I was able to start up the several Android tabs I have with me right now - in no particular order other than as I see them laid out:

  • ASUS TF 700T - 10.1" @ 1920 x 1200, Android v4.2.1
  • ASUS MeMO Pad HD 173X - 7" @ 1280 x 800, Android v4.2.2
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7 - 7" @ 1024 x 600, Android 4.1.1
  • Google Nexus (2012) - 7" @ 1280 x 800, Android v4.3
  • Google Nexus (2013) - 7" @ 1920 x 1200, Android v4.3

I also tested it on some Android-type devices like my various Kindle Fires, but hardly any of you use those. I like the newer Fires and wish there were some other appraisal apps for them. The newest Kindles have about the best outdoor screens of the bunch (for regular consumer-type devices.)

I was hoping that one of my devices/resolution/OS combinations would exhibit the issue that nauthead is reporting, but alas, all these models properly display the "three dot menu" icon. Hence, and based on my (questionable) memory of using MSA on my OG Galaxy Note (5.3" phone device) in the past and without the benefit of having a GN 8 with me, I have to look toward the device in question vs. the app. I suspect that this behavior has to do with the fact that on the recent Note series, Samsung "maps" the Menu "Soft Key" to a hardware button. This is done at a lower level and not something we can control.

So, I suspect that all you need to do to access the menu is to tap the "Menu" button on the device (see image posted below.) I'm not sure how the menu will actually display - it'll likely be something like other menus you see when using this button on your Note 8 - but it should be complete and fully functional. If it doesn't, let me know - it is possible that there is a glitch in the software and I will look into that just as soon as I can and I'd like to find out what the problem is and fix it if we can.

FWIW, I actually like both the GN 8 and the Tab 8 - their 8" screens make things easier to see for us older types ;-) I would have loved to add active pen support to MSA, but there just were not enough users to justify the resources to do it properly. I may end up putting in in a future build, however, regardless of the number of users, because I just happen to like it, but no promises today.

BTW, I am lead to believe that your Note should be able to get Android v4.2.x. If so, I recommend getting the latest OS. Hopefully, v4.3 will be available for it soon as that update should improve your overall performance. Going from v4.1.x or 4.2.x to 4.3 on a few of my devices seemed to speed things up slightly and add some new functionality. We're testing v4.4 now, but we don't update every device ASAP. We try to keep at least one example of each device with the original OS that it shipped with just for testing purposes and upgrade the others.

Regards for now,


-Randall Garrett-
..Apex Software..

/end/
 

Attachments

  • Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Menu re-mapping.jpg
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Menu re-mapping.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 3
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top